Henry Gilbert (1868–1936) was a popular children's author, and the paternal grandfather of Molly Holden. His books continue to be reprinted. His books are noted for both their historical accuracy and their style.
- Robin Hood and the Men of the Greenwood (1912) The first significant new version on the classic Robin Hood theme, also republished as Robin Hood.
- King Arthur's knights: the tales retold for boys and girls (Stokes, 1911) 
- The Book of Pirates (T, Y. Crowell & Co.) 
- Pirates: True Tales of Notorious Buccaneers 
- The conquerors of Peru: Retold from Prescott's "Conquest of Peru" 
- The conquerors of Mexico: Retold from Prescott's "Conquest of Mexico" 
- Holden, Molly (1986). Selected poems; Poetry Signatures Series. University of Michigan: Carcanet. p. 117. ISBN 0856356964.
- Gilbert, Henry (2008). Robin Williams. Wildside Press LLC. ISBN 1-4344-0551-6.
- Gilbert, Henry (2008). Pirates: True Tales of Notorious Buccaneers. Dover Publications. ISBN 0-486-46148-3.
- Briggs, Butts, & Grenby; Julia Briggs; Dennis Butts; Matthew Orville Grenby (2008). Popular children's literature in Britain. Ashgate Publishing. p. 62. ISBN 1-84014-242-1.CS1 maint: multiple names: authors list (link)
- Gilbert, Henry (1911). King Arthur's knights: the tales retold for boys and girls. New York Public Library: Stokes.
- Boys' Life, 6, 6, Boy Scouts of America, Inc, October 1916, p. 38, ISSN 0006-8608, retrieved 3 April 2011
- Van Loon, Hendrik Willem (1921). The story of mankind. University of Virginia: Boni and Liveright. p. 474.
- Works by Henry Gilbert at Project Gutenberg
- Works by Henry Gilbert at Faded Page (Canada)
- Works by or about Henry Gilbert at Internet Archive
- Works by Henry Gilbert at LibriVox (public domain audiobooks)
- Full text for The Conquerors of Peru, George G. Harrap & Company, 1913.
|This article about an American writer is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|