This article includes a list of references, related reading or external links, but its sources remain unclear because it lacks inline citations. (April 2020) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Henry "Hank" Sylvern (26 March 1908 – 4 July 1964) was an American organist and composer, who was born in Brooklyn, New York, United States, and worked on radio and television shows, some of which are listed below:
- Suspense, 1949, TV series; organist
- Tom Corbett, Space Cadet, 1950, TV series; theme song composer
- USA Canteen (aka The Jane Froman Show), 1952, TV series; orchestra leader and musical director
- The Phil Silvers Show (aka Sergeant Bilko, "You'll Never Get Rich"), 1955, TV series
- Dotto, 1958, TV series
He was also an organist who played music for innumerable radio shows and also wrote the following radio show theme songs:
Sylvern recorded a Christmas album named Christmas in Hi-Fi (Organ and Chimes). He also wrote the music for an MGM children's story-telling LP record (CH-103), The Wonderful World of Fairy Tales. He played the organ while Robert Q. Lewis told The Ugly Duckling, The Pied Piper of Hamelin, The Sleeping Beauty, The Steadfast Tin Soldier, Jack and the Beanstalk, Rapunzel, Beauty and the Beast, Rumpelstiltskin, Pinocchio, Thumbelina, The Little Mermaid, and The Wizard of Oz stories.
- "Special Events for the Year 1908". Web.archive.org. Archived from the original on 2006-04-05. Retrieved 2020-04-23.
- "Birth/Deaths Of Radio Personalities". Web.archive.org. Archived from the original on 2006-04-10. Retrieved 2020-04-23.
- "Coronet". Web.archive.org. Archived from the original on 2006-05-11. Retrieved 2020-04-23.
- "Old-Time Radio - Theme Title Index - sorted by Title". Classicthemes.com. Retrieved 2020-04-23.
- "Christmas Record Albums". Web.archive.org. Archived from the original on 2006-05-03. Retrieved 2020-04-23.
- "Hank Sylvern (1908–1964)". IMDb.com. Retrieved 2020-04-23.
|This United States biographical article related to radio is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|