|Heath High School|
4330 Metropolis Lake Road
|School district||McCracken County Public Schools|
|Teaching staff||35.9 (FTE) (as of 2007-08)|
|Student to teacher ratio||17.9 (as of 2007-08)|
|Color(s)||Black and Gold|
Heath High School was a secondary school operated by the McCracken County Public Schools district in the rural community of West Paducah, unincorporated McCracken County, Kentucky, near the largest city in the state's far-western Purchase region, Paducah. Established in 1910, the school served students in grades 9-12. It closed in June 2013 in advance of the August opening of a new McCracken County High School, which consolidates Heath, Reidland and Lone Oak High Schools.
The school shared a campus with Heath Middle School. Heath Elementary School was and still is located across the road. The Heath High School building now houses Heath Middle School and the old Heath Middle is now the Alternative school for the entire school district.
Student groups and activities at Heath High School included 4-H, book club, concert and marching band, choir, drama club, environmental club, FBLA, FCCLA, FFA, Fellowship of Christian Athletes, fitness club, Friends of Rachel, Frisbee, Habitat for Humanity, National Honor Society, pep club, SADD, Spanish club, student council, and yearbook.
The school's sports teams, known as the Heath Pirates, competed as members of the Kentucky High School Athletic Association. The football, cross country, and track teams competed in enrollment Class 2A (the KHSAA divides schools into enrollment-based classes in those three sports only). Teams were also fielded in baseball, basketball, cheerleading, golf, soccer, softball, swimming, tennis, and volleyball.
State championship titles held by the school's teams include:
- 1929 Kentucky Boys Basketball State Champions
- Football: 1986 (A)
- Boys Baseball All A State Champs: 2004
- Girls Softball All A State Champs: 2005 & 2009
- Julian Carroll, former Governor of Kentucky (1974–1979)
- Steven Curtis Chapman, musician
- Betty Karnette, former California State Assemblymember
- Stephen Vaughn, Acting United States Trade Representative, 2017
- Daniel Webb, former relief pitcher for the Chicago White Sox 
- "Heath High School". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey. Retrieved 2010-01-10.
- "School Detail for Heath High School". National Center for Education Statistics. Retrieved 2010-01-10.
- "2012–2013 Audited School Enrollments (in alphabetical order)" (PDF). Kentucky High School Athletic Association. Retrieved June 15, 2013.
- "Our Schools". McCracken County Public Schools. Retrieved June 15, 2013. The street address of Heath Elementary is 4365 Metropolis Lake Road. Heath Middle's address contains a typographical error; the street number is listed as 330 instead of the correct 4330.
- "Heath High School KHSAA Directory Entry". Kentucky High School Athletic Association. Retrieved 2010-01-10.
- "Past Winners: Boys' Basketball" (PDF). Kentucky High School Athletic Association. Retrieved 2019-10-05.
- "Past KHSAA State Football Champions" (PDF). Kentucky High School Athletic Association. Retrieved 2019-10-05.
- Joyce, Mike (1999-10-08). "STEVEN CURTIS CHAPMAN "(Speechless)" Sparrow; GEOFF MOORE "Geoff Moore" Forefront". Washington Post. p. N18.
Chapman wrote the comforting ballad after three students were slain at his alma mater, Heath High School in Paducah, Ky.
- Griego, Tina (1992-11-15). "A Race Against All Odds". Los Angeles Times. p. 1J.
Karnette grew up Betty Petty-much to the delight of her classmates-in Paducah as the Depression was ending. She attended Heath High School...
- "Daniel Webb". Retrieved 11 April 2017.
- Heath High School (Archive)