Hayley Tamaddon on the Dancing on Ice Tour in 2011
Hayley Soraya Tamaddon
24 January 1977
Dancing on Ice (2010, 2014)
Coronation Street (2013–15)
Tamaddon won the fifth series of Dancing on Ice on 28 March 2010, with skating partner Daniel Whiston. She returned with Whiston for the ninth series in 2014, which saw many of the previous winners and favourites from the show compete. The couple made it to the final.
Tamaddon has appeared in a number of theatre roles including Frenchie in Grease and Diana Morales in A Chorus Line. She has also appeared in Boogie Nights opposite actor/comedian Kev Orkian, Mamma Mia! and Fame as well as playing Janet in the 2007 United Kingdom tour of The Rocky Horror Show. Tamaddon has shared the role of the Lady of the Lake with Jodie Prenger and Amy Nuttall in the UK Tour of Spamalot.
Tamaddon has also appeared in pantomimes including Aladdin and Snow White. In December 2007, she played the Fairy godmother in Cinderella at the Lyceum Theatre in Sheffield, and in 2008 performed the title role in Cinderella at the Alhambra Theatre in Bradford. She returned to the Lyceum Theatre in the production of Peter Pan, opposite Nigel Planer's Captain Hook. Tamaddon also played Sleeping Beauty in Sleeping Beauty from 14 December 2011 to 15 January 2012 at the Theatre Royal in Norwich. In 2016 she embarked on a UK national tour of Chicago, starring as Roxie Hart. From March 2018, she will star as Millie Dillmount in the UK Tour of Thoroughly Modern Millie. Tamaddon also played the role of Miss Hedge in the West End musical ‘’Everybody’s Talking About Jamie’’ for a limited run in 2019.
Tamaddon was written out of Emmerdale in the summer of 2007 when series producer, Kathleen Beedles decided not to renew her contract but promised not to kill off the character of Delilah Dingle – leaving the door open for a possible return at some point in the future. Tamaddon has also appeared in The Royal, Where The Heart Is',' Ghosthunting with the Dingles, as Lulu on Celebrity Stars in Their Eyes, Loose Women and This Morning.
In March 2007, Tamaddon appeared on Soapstar Superchef. She and her team-mate Mathew Bose, who co-stars with her as Paul Lambert, in Emmerdale, were crowned winners of the show on 13 April. She has also played the role of a nurse in The Royal Today.
Tamaddon appeared on week 18 of the BBC children's television show, Hider in the House on 4 May 2008, which was filmed at a family household in Wortley, West Yorkshire. She was busted on challenge seven but said "Personally I think I have been one of the best hiders ever and it's been really good fun."
Tamaddon was crowned champion of the fifth series of Dancing on Ice, where she skated with professional skater and childhood friend Daniel Whiston. Competing over 12 weeks in front of 10 million viewers, including their Jai Ho routine, she reached the final against Hollyoaks actor Kieron Richardson who came third, and Gary Lucy with whom she went head-to head in the Bolero. Tamaddon won the trophy with over 80% of the public vote and went on tour with Torvill and Dean.
On 25 September 2010, Tamaddon appeared on an episode of All Star Family Fortunes.
In October 2013, it was announced that Tamaddon would be joining Coronation Street as Andrea Beckett, a friend of Steve McDonald (Simon Gregson) and rival of Michelle Connor (Kym Marsh). She made her first appearance on 23 December 2013. Tamaddon and her character exited the soap opera in September 2015.
Tamaddon was runner-up in ITV's Soapstar Superstar which led to her singing with Michael Ball at the Opera House in Blackpool in March 2007 during his tour. For finishing second she raised £25,000 for Brian House Children's Hospice in Bispham.
- Show 1 – "River Deep Mountain High" (Tina Turner)
- Show 2 – "Knock on Wood" (Amii Stewart)
- Show 3 – "There You'll Be" (Faith Hill)
- Show 4 – "It Must Have Been Love" (Roxette)
- Show 5 – "Jump" (Girls Aloud)
- Show 6 – 1. "When I Fall in Love" (Nat King Cole)
- Show 7 – 1. "On My Own" (from Les Misérables)
- Show 8: 1. "Disco Inferno" (The Trammps)
- Show 9 – 1. "Jump" (Girls Aloud)
Tamaddon has appeared on 96.3 Radio Aire in Leeds. Her first appearance was on the breakfast show in October 2009, when she presented with presenter Paul 'Griffo' Griffiths, who was covering for JK and Joel. She then spent a further week on the show, and in November once again covered with Griffo.
Tamaddon appeared in a short film in June 2008 promoting road safety to young people in Cheshire. The film was made in conjunction with the Cheshire Constabulary and the Cheshire Safer Roads Partnership.
|2005–2007||Emmerdale||Del Dingle||Regular role; 213 episodes|
|Soapstar Superchef||Contestant||Winner, alongside Mathew Bose|
|2010||Dancing on Ice||Contestant||Winner, alongside Daniel Whiston|
|2013–2015||Coronation Street||Andrea Beckett||Regular role; 148 episodes|
|2014||Dancing on Ice||Contestant||Returned to the final "All-stars" series with Daniel Whiston|
- Guest appearances
- Stars in Their Eyes (1 April 2006) – Contestant, winner
- Hider in the House (4 May 2008) – Celebrity 'hider'
- All Star Family Fortunes (25 September 2010) – Contestant, won £30,000 for The Brian House Children's Hospice.
- Ten Mile Menu (13 July 2011) – Contestant
- This Morning (24 June 2014) – Guest
- Tipping Point: Lucky Stars (26 July 2014) – Contestant, won £4,400 for The Brian House Hospice
- Celebrity Squares (3 May 2015) – Guest
- Celebrity Juice (17 September 2015) – Guest
- The Chase (16 November 2019) –Contestant
Tamaddon was engaged to Darren Charles, a dancer and choreographer from Grimsby but called off the wedding after he admitted having cheated on her whilst she was filming Dancing on Ice. In the press, she later ruled out any possibility of a reconciliation. She was in a relationship with comedian Marcus Brigstocke, with whom she had worked on Spamalot in 2010, leading to his divorce from his wife Sophie.
In June 2014, Tamaddon was admitted to hospital after the pressure of working on Coronation Street and the Dancing on Ice tour became too much for her.
On 22 April 2019 Tamaddon announced on Twitter that she was pregnant, posted a picture of her baby bump and said: "I'm so pleased to tell you all... I'm expecting my first child with my wonderful boyfriend Adrian!!" She gave birth to a son on 12 October 2019.
- "Rocky road home". Blackpool Gazette. 5 January 2007. Retrieved 12 April 2007.
- "Tune in for Hayley". Blackpool Gazette. 5 January 2007. Retrieved 12 April 2007.[permanent dead link]
- "Boogie Nights Press Release" (PDF) (Press release). Qdos Entertainment plc. 2003. Retrieved 2 March 2010.[permanent dead link]
- "Jennie's tipped to take the West End by storm". Blackpool Gazette. 2 June 2006. Retrieved 24 September 2009.
- Spamalot UK Tour Cast
- "Review:Cinderella". The Stage. 17 December 2007. Retrieved 24 September 2009.
- Griffiths, Kathie (13 December 2008). "Alhambra's Cinderella panto opens". Bradford Telegraph and Argus. Retrieved 3 January 2009.
- "Panto star Hayley Tamaddon looking forward to a return to Norwich". Norwich Evening News. 7 September 2011. Retrieved 8 September 2011.
- "CBBC Programmes – Hider in the House, Series 2, Episode 3". BBC. 4 May 2008. Retrieved 9 June 2008.
- Harris, Emma (8 January 2010). "Local duo favourites for TV crown". Blackpool Gazette. Retrieved 26 January 2010.
- "Star Rude bits a worry to Hayley". Blackpool Gazette. 18 June 2007. Retrieved 26 December 2007.
- "Star brings more joy to young fans". Blackpool Gazette. 6 February 2007. Retrieved 26 December 2007.
- "The Truth – Road Safety". Cheshire Safer Roads Partnership. June 2008. Archived from the original on 29 December 2008. Retrieved 9 June 2008.
- "Hayley: I'm delighted to be filming on home soil". Blackpool Gazette. Retrieved 18 June 2017.
- "SHOCK! Hayley Tamaddon splits from fiance Darren Charles – now". Nowmagazine.co.uk. 21 June 2010. Retrieved 6 June 2014.
- "Hospital dash for Corrie's Hayley Tamaddon". SoapSquawk. 14 June 2014. Retrieved 20 March 2018.[permanent dead link]