This article needs to be updated.January 2019)(
|Harare Zimbabwe Temple|
|Announcement||3 April 2016|
The intent to construct the temple was announced by church president Thomas S. Monson on April 3, 2016, during the Sunday morning session of the church's general conference. The Quito Ecuador and Belém Brazil temples, along with a second temple in Lima, Peru, were announced at the same time. The church later announced the second temple in Peru would be named the Lima Peru Los Olivos Temple.
This will be the church's first temple in Zimbabwe where the church reports there are approximately 26,000 members, as of April 2016.
- Comparison of temples of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
- List of temples of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
- List of temples of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints by geographic region
- Temple architecture (Latter-day Saints)
- Religion in Zimbabwe
- Toone, Trent (3 April 2016). "President Monson announces 4 new temples at Sunday morning session". Deseret News..
- "Four New Temples Announced by President Monson: Temples to be built in Africa and South America", Newsroom, LDS Church, 2016-04-03
- Weaver, Sarah Jane (3 April 2016). "LDS Church has rich history in cities of newly announced temples". Deseret News.