|Minister of Social Affairs and Health|
29 May 2015 – 25 August 2016
|Prime Minister||Juha Sipilä|
|Preceded by||Laura Räty|
|Succeeded by||Pirkko Mattila|
|Member of Finnish Parliament|
20 April 2011 – 30 June 2017
|Succeeded by||Matti Torvinen|
|Born||19 September 1974|
|Political party||Finns Party|
|Alma mater||University of Lapland|
Hanna Katariina Mäntylä (born 19 September 1974) is a Finnish politician and the former Minister of Social Affairs and Health. She represented the Finns Party until June 2017 and was the second deputy chairwoman of the party. She was elected to the Parliament from Lapland in 2011. She maintained her seat in the 2015 parliamentary election. She was appointed Minister of Social Affairs and Health in May 2015.
On 16 August 2016, Mäntylä announced that she would leave her minister duties due to personal reasons and will continue as a Member of Parliament.
On 13 June 2017, Mäntylä and 19 others left the Finns Party parliamentary group to found the New Alternative parliamentary group. On 21 June 2017, Mäntylä announced that she will leave the Parliament to work for the Council of Europe.
By profession, Mäntylä is a youth worker, and she has studied social work in the University of Lapland. Before her parliamentary career she was an entrepreneur, and operated a lingerie retail outlet.
- http://www.eduskunta.fi/FI/kansanedustajat/Sivut/1088.aspx Parliament of Finland: Hanna Mäntylä (in Finnish)
- "Perussuomalaisten varapuheenjohtajiksi Niinistö, Mäntylä ja Eerola". Yle Uutiset (in Finnish). 29 June 2013.
- http://yle.fi/uutiset/tassa_ovat_perussuomalaisten_ministerit_-_soini_niinisto_mantyla_ja_lindstrom/8023055 Yle Uutiset: Tässä ovat perussuomalaisten ministerit - Soini, Niinistö, Mäntylä ja Lindström (27 May 2015). (in Finnish)
- "Sosiaali- ja terveysministeri Hanna Mäntylä eroaa – tällainen on uudeksi ministeriksi nouseva Pirkko Mattila". Helsingin sanomat. 16 August 2016. Retrieved 16 August 2016.
- "Tällainen on Uusi vaihtoehto – Nämä kansanedustajat jättivät perussuomalaiset". Yle. 13 June 2017. Retrieved 13 June 2017.
- "Kansanedustaja Hanna Mäntylä pyytää eroa eduskunnasta – siirtymässä asiantuntijaksi Strasbourgiin". Helsingin Sanomat. 21 June 2017. Retrieved 21 June 2017.
- http://www.iltasanomat.fi/kotimaa/art-1432861475489.html Ilta-Sanomat: Uusi ministeri oli pahassa velkakierteessä – alusvaateliike Cubbicoot kaatui kahdessa vuodessa (in Finnish)
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Hanna Mäntylä.|
|This article about a Finnish politician is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|