|Founder||John Wesley Hanes - Shamrock Mills, |
Pleasant H. Hanes - P. H. Hanes Knitting Company
|Headquarters||Winston-Salem, North Carolina, U.S.|
Number of locations
|252 outlet stores (2015)|
|Stephen B. Bratspies, (CEO)|
|Revenue||US$7.0 billion (2019)|
|US$889.7 million (2019)|
|US$600.7 million (2019)|
|Total assets||US$7.4 billion (2019)|
|Total equity||US$1.2 billion (2019)|
Number of employees
Hanesbrands Inc. is an American multinational clothing company based in Winston-Salem, North Carolina. It employs 65,300 people internationally. On September 6, 2006, the company and several brands were spun off by the Sara Lee Corporation.
Hanesbrands owns several clothing brands, including Hanes, Champion, Playtex, Bali, L'eggs, Just My Size, Hanes Hosiery, Barely There, Wonderbra, Dim, Duofold, Airé, Beefy-T, C9 by Champion, Celebrity, Daisyfresh, J. E. Morgan, One Hanes Places, Maidenform, Rinbros, Ritmo, Sheer Energy, Silk Reflections, Sol, Sol y Oro, Tagless, and Zorba.
Hanesbrands operates and owns around 250 L'eggs Hanes Bali Playtex Factory Outlets and Hanesbrands Stores across the US. They are a chain of outlet stores that offer discounts. Hanesbrands' flagship store is located in Winston-Salem, North Carolina, and opened in summer 2008. This store is the largest store and offers all of the Hanesbrands brands. Hanesbrands has recently started opening Champion Outlet Stores in addition to its Hanesbrands Stores.
In 2018, the company opened its first-ever brick-and-mortar Champion brand retail store in Los Angeles. Currently there are 20 Champion stores open. The original Hanes outlet store was housed in a room adjacent to their factory. It is a true outlet store, where people local to the area could come and buy factory direct, and save the markups associated with retailing. Today, Hanesbrands Inc operates 268 stores across the US under the Hanesbrands, Leggs Hanes Bali Playtex, Maidenform and Champion brands. Stores range in size from 2,500 to 17,000 square feet and have the largest assortment of intimates, including bras, panties, shapewear, comfort and leg wear under one roof in the US.
Sales revenue for 2010 was $4.33 billion and gross profit was $1.41 billion.
Hanesbrands has been recognized for work that it has done for the environment, including "green" buildings. They have also been recognized for the work they have done in communities, such as the support of schools in Honduras.
In October 2017, Hanes announced a $60 million acquisition of Norcross, GA based Alternative Apparel.
In November 2019, Chief Financial Officer Barry Hytinen left the company for a position at the storage and information management services company Iron Mountain.
- "Board of Directors | Hanesbrands Inc". ir.hanesbrands.com.
- "HanesBrands Board of Directors Appoints Stephen B. Bratspies as Chief Executive Officer, Effective Aug. 3, 2020". www.businesswire.com. June 9, 2020.
- "HBI Income Statement — Hanesbrands Inc. Stock — Yahoo Finance". finance.yahoo.com. Retrieved 15 June 2020.
- "Hanesbrands". Fortune. Retrieved 2018-12-28.
- "Contact us". Hanesbrands. Retrieved on October 26, 2010. "Hanesbrands Inc. 1000 East Hanes Mill Road Winston Salem, NC 27105 United States."
-  Archived November 28, 2006, at the Wayback Machine
- Whittington, Lloyd (2018-04-09). "Hanebrands' Champion opens first U.S. retail store (PHOTOS)". www.bizjournals.com. Retrieved 2020-01-17.
- "Champion Stores Listing". ChampionUSA. Retrieved 2013-07-25.
- According to 2010 Form 10-k.
- "Hanesbrands celebrates first graduating class of Honduras employees in company's continuing education program". Hanesbrands.com. Retrieved 2013-07-25.
- Johnson. "WIKILEAKS: U.S. Fought To Lower Minimum Wage In Haiti So Hanes And Levis Would Stay Cheap". Business Insider.
- "Hanes to Buy Maidenform for $575 Million". The New York Times. July 24, 2013. Retrieved July 25, 2013.
- "Hanes to Buy Maidenform for $575 Million". The Wall Street Journal. July 24, 2013. Retrieved July 25, 2013.
- "HanesBrands Completes Acquisition of Pacific Brands Limited". Company announcement. 28 April 2016.
- "Hanesbrands acquires Georgia apparel firm for $60M". www.bizjournals.com. Retrieved 2020-06-08.
- Warfield, Andy (2019-11-26). "Triad apparel company CFO resigns to take job with Boston company". www.bizjournals.com. Retrieved 2020-01-17.
- Augstums, Ieva (2006-12-26). "Pantyhose makers suffering sales snag". Toronto Star. Retrieved 2007-01-03.
- Official site
- Business data for Hanesbrands: