Sir Hamish Macleod
|Secretary for the Treasury|
|Succeeded by||Yeung Kai-yin|
|Financial Secretary of Hong Kong|
August 1991 – August 1995
|Preceded by||Piers Jacobs|
|Succeeded by||Donald Tsang|
|Born||1940 (age 79–80)|
In 1940, Macleod was born in Midlothian, Scotland.
Macleod was Financial Secretary of Hong Kong from 1991 to 1995. Macleod also was the Secretary for Trade and Industry of Hong Kong from 1987 to 1989 and the Secretary for the Treasury of Hong Kong from 1989 to 1991.
2003 Macleod was director and Chairman of JPMorgan Asian Investment Trust PLC.
- Laurence Zuckerman (November 5, 1991). "Hong Kong Pressed on Prices: Analysts Expect Only Minor Measures Against Inflation". The New York Times. Archived from the original on December 8, 2015. Retrieved 23 April 2010.
- Yeung, Chris (September 2, 1995). "Sir Hamish bids adieu, proud of his prudence". scmp.com. Retrieved April 9, 2020.
- "Sir Prudent aims to bow out from Hong Kong in canny Scots manner". heraldscotland.com. August 29, 1995. Retrieved April 9, 2020.
- "NATHANIEL WILLIAM HAMISH MACLEOD - MIDLOTHIAN - CIVIL SERVANT (RETIRED)". checkcompany.co.uk. Retrieved April 9, 2020.
- Gittings, Danny (April 10, 1994). "Charmed life down the rung". scmp.com. Retrieved April 9, 2020.
| Secretary for Commerce and Industry
1987 – 1989
John Francis Yaxley
| Deputy Financial Secretary
as Secretary for the Treasury
as Deputy Financial Secretary
| Secretary for the Treasury
1989 – 1991
Sir Piers Jacobs
| Financial Secretary of Hong Kong
1991 – 1995