This article needs additional citations for verification. (June 2018) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Launched||18 November 2005|
|Owned by||M6 Group|
|Audience share||1.4% (March 2017Médiamétrie),|
|Digital terrestrial television||Channel 18|
|Canalsat||Channel 168 (HD)|
|Bis Televisions||Channel 18 (SD)|
|Fransat||Channel 18 (HD)|
|MC Cable||Channel 82|
Channel 311 (digital CH-D)
|All IPTV||Channel 18|
Gulli (French pronunciation: [gy. li]) is a French free-to-air television channel focused on kids programming. It was created as a result of a partnership between Lagardère Active and state-owned broadcaster France Télévisions.
- 1 History
- 2 Branding
- 3 Programming
- 4 Broadcast
- 5 References
- 6 External links
The channel was launched on 18 November 2005 on the digital terrestrial television platform in France. Ten years later, on 1 July 2015, Gulli launches its own HD simulcast feed on the Astra 1 satellite. On 5 April 2016, its HD feed is launched on DTT.
Gulli is a joint venture between kids-television pioneer companies Lagardère Active and the state-owned France Télévisions. The former is known due to is children´s network, Canal J, while the latter has a long history investing on kids programming through its youth-oriented division on France 3. On 23 December 2013, a deal was reached between Lagardère and France Télévisions to purchase the latter´s shares on Gulli. The deal was finalised on 29 October 2014 with the transfer of 34% of France Télévisions´s shares to Lagardère for €25 million.
The network has been launched in Russia, Africa and the Middle East, broadcasting in Russian, French and Arabic. The brand itself was sold alongside the rest of the Lagadére channels to Groupe M6 in 2019.
On April 8, 2010, Gulli puts on the air a new branding designed by Gédéon. On the same occasion, the channel is modernizing its logo, which has become darker, giving it volume and changing to 16/9 but dynamically (4:3 and 16:9 aspect ratio).
A new branding, again designed by the Gédéon, is on the air in September 2013.
On August 28, 2017, Gulli has changes the branding. This branding is done by the 17MARS. This new skin receives very positive reviews and gives a lot of color to the channel.
Logos of derived channels
Version 1 (2005-2010)
- November 18, 2005 to September 25, 2007: « Gulli, la chaîne des enfants sur la TNT »
- September 26, 2007 to December 24, 2008: « Gulli, pour tous les yeux »
- December 26, 2008 to April 5, 2010: « Gardez le contact »
Version 2 (2010-2017)
- April 7, 2010 to August 3, 2013: « Gulli remue toute la famille »
- August 3, 2013 to March 17, 2014: « Gulli. Bienvenue dans la familie »
- March 17, 2014 to August 28, 2017: « Avec Gulli, colore ta vie »
Version 3 (2017-present)
- Since in January 19, 2018: « Gulli. Bienvenue dans la familie »
Gulli broadcasts cartoons, series, shows, movies or TV movies.
- Adventure Time (January 1, 2016-present)
- Arthur and the Minimoys (December 22, 2018-present)
- Baskup - Tony Parker (June 30, 2018-present)
- Ben 10 (April 11, 2017-present)
- Beyblade Burst (August 28, 2017-July 3, 2018) (not at this moment)
- Bienvenue chez les Loud (September 2, 2017-July 7, 2018, July 25, 2018-present)
- Blazing Team: Les maîtres du Yo Kwon Do (January 6, 2018 - October 14, 2018)
- La Ferme en Folie (November 4, 2013-September 11, 2016, 26 August 2019-present)
- Bunsen est une bête (December 22, 2018-present)
- Drake et Josh
- Fish'n Chips (November 5, 2011-2014, 2017-August 31, 2018)
- Foot 2 Rue extrême
- Fangbone (October 7, 2017-present)
- Harvey Beaks (April 18, 2016-present)
- Hubert et Takako (May 2, 2015-August 27, 2017, July 8, 2018-present)
- Il était une fois... notre Terre
- Le Monde Incroyable de Gumball (December 24, 2017-present)
- Les Super Nanas (2016) (2017) (not at this moment)
- Mes parrains sont magiques (February 14, 2014-2017, July 8, 2018-present)
- Monster Buster Club
- Objectif Blake! (2015-present)
- Oggy et les cafards (November 18, 2005-May 31, 2009, June 30, 2017-present)
- Oscar & Co (July 2019-present)
- Rekkit (September 2, 2014-present)
- Robocar Poli
- Roi Julian ! L’élu des lémurs
- Sonic Boom (August 30, 2015-present)
- Super Wings
- Thomas et ses amis
- Transformers: Robots in Disguise: Mission secrète
- Winx Club (2012-present)
- Corneil et Bernie (January 3, 2009- December 17, 2017, January 6, 2019-present)
- Yo-kai Watch (August 29, 2016-present)
- Zig et Sharko (March 27, 2016-present)
- Atomic Betty (2011-2014)
- Bisounours (2010-2014)
- Creepie (August 30, 2008-March 6 2009, January 1 2010-2 July 2010)
- Donkey Kong Country (November 19, 2005-17 November 2007)
- Doug (June 6, 2006-December 19, 2008)
- La Famille Pirate (July 1, 2006-July 6 2013)
- Foster, la maison des amis imaginaires (April 8, 2010-February 23, 2011)
- La Panthère Rose (May 1, 2008-December 25, 2011)
- Le Laboratoire de Dexter (April 8, 2010-March 25, 2012)
- Le Monde fou de Tex Avery (August 28, 2010-June 11, 2013)
- Le Secret de Sabrina (October 26, 2009-February 7, 2013)
- Le Woody Woodpecker Show (November 17, 2008- December 27, 2015)
- Les Super Nanas ( September 3, 2011 - November 20, 2011)
- Les Zinzins de l'espace (October 4, 2006-December 31, 2016, 22-23 October 2017)
- My Little Pony Les amies c'est Magique ! (November 3, 2011- December 6, 2017)
- Mermaid Melody: Pichi Pichi Pitch (2010-2016)
- Ratz (August 30, 2008-December 14, 2016)
- Regal Academy, l'Académie Royale
- Skunk Fu! (2007-2012)
In September 2017, all the channel's program blocks (except Gulli Good and Doo) have been renamed by the channel.
- Gulli Good : The most watched shows as well as new shows. Airing at 4:30 pm on weekdays (5:15 pm until 2012). Until September 2009, the block was also aired at weekends, at the same hours as weekdays. Shows that aired in this block include with Pokémon, Power Rangers and The Loud House. (Since 2 September 2006)
- Gulli Go : Action oriented cartoons. Aired weekends at 3 pm. Shows that aired in that block include Pokémon, Transformers, and Beyblade: Metal Fusion. (Since 2 September 2017)
- Gulli Toon : Comedy oriented cartoons. Aired on weekdays at 7 am and 12 pm and also weekends at 5 pm. Shows that aired in this block include Oggy and the Cockroaches and Zig & Sharko. (Since 28 August 2017)
- Gulli Pop : Girl oriented cartoons. Aired weekends at 1:30 pm. Shows that aired in this block include The Powerpuff Girls and Totaly Spies. (Since 28 August 2017)
- Gulliwood : Cinema block that aired a movie. Aired on Fridays nights at 7 pm (Since 2018)
- Vendredi séries : Live action series block. Aired on Fridays nights at 9 pm. Shows that aired on this block included The Thundermans and Franky. (Since 2019)
- Boing : Block that aired Cartoon Network shows. Show that aired in this block include Dexter's Laboratory, Foster's: House of imaginary Friends and Codename: Kids Next Door. This block was created for promoting the launch of the Boing channel. (Since 8 April 2010 to March 2012)
- Code Aventure : Action oriented block that aired shows like Pokémon. replaced by Gulli Go (Since 2006 until 28 August 2017).
- Girl Power : Programming series for girls between 7-11 years old. Aired on Wednesdays and weekends at 1:15 pm (until 28 August 2017).
- GRRR!!! : Programming dedicated to animals (Oggy and the Cockroaches, and Too Much Animal!). Aired in the morning (at 6:35 am, stopped in 2009) and the afternoon (at 4:35 pm, stopped on August 27, 2012).
- Gulli Bang : Aired every Wednesday at 8:25 am and 4:25 pm, Saturday at 1:40 pm and Sunday at 8:25 am between 2012 and 2013.
- Gulli Doo : Preschool block with cartoons for little children. Airing weekdays morning at 8:30am and at 12pm until 2015. This block was removed for the 2019 Summer Holiday and did not return at the end of the holidays. (Since 8 April 2010 until 6 July 2019)
- Gulli d'or : A occasional program broadcast on the channel's first anniversary on November 18, 2006.
- Gulli Gang : Broadcast from Monday to Friday around 4:30 pm (stopped in September 2006) the most popular cartoon programming and news. replaced by Gulli Good.
- Gulli Land : A cartoon programming for girls replaced a little later by Girl Power. It on Saturday at 10:30 am (stopped in September 2008)
- Gulli Gulli : Broadcast on this morning after at 7:15 am (stopped in 2006 and replaced by GRRR!!!).
- Home Cinéma : Broadcast in 2008 and stopped in 2010.
- La meteo de Gulli : Stopped at the return in 2013.
- La labo de Gulli : Aired Monday to Friday from 2 pm to 4 pm during the summer of 2007.
- Méchamment Drôle : Humorous cartoon programming. Aired on weekends around 3:45 pm and then 5 pm
- Sitcomédies : Sitcom programming. Aired Monday to Friday at 12 pm (disappeared in 2006 and replaced by In ze boîte)
- Télé Grenadine : Cartoon programming of the 1970s and 80s. (Stopped in 2011).
- Toon Party : The programs in this block are Lucky Luke, Woody Woodpecker, Pink Panther, etc. This event block broadcast on New Year's Eve 2009.
- Podium Gulli : Cartoon marathon that viewers could vote on gulli.fr for broadcast on Saturday afternoon.
- Gulli Goal : Block of cartoons waiting for the World Cup. Broadcast every Saturday at 4 pm from June 2, 2018 and stopped in July of the same year after the victory of France.
- Gulli Club : Movie programming. Every Tuesday at 8:55 pm from February 12, 2019 and stopped the following spring after the channel starts broadcasting movies almost every night.
At the channel's launch on November 18, 2005, Gulli was broadcast from 6:30 am to 11:00 pm. From 10 December 2007, the channel broadcast from 6:00 am to 12:30 am. Since 1 September 2008, the channel broadcasts 24 hours a day.
- Official Gulli website—(in French)