|Other names||Guangzhou South|
|Location||Nanzhan Road, Panyu District, Guangzhou, Guangdong|
|Operated by||Guangzhou Railway Group|
|Classification||Top Class station|
|New Guangzhou station|
Guangzhounan (Guangzhou South) railway station (Chinese: 广州南站), also known as New Guangzhou station (新广州站) or Shibi station (石壁站), is located in Shibi, Panyu District, Guangzhou, Guangdong Province, China. It is a large modern rail terminal 17 kilometres south of central Guangzhou. For a brief time it was Asia's largest railway station (by area) when it officially started operation in early 2010.
The station, designed by TFP Farrells, remains the largest in Guangzhou. It is one of the four largest railway passenger transportation hubs in China. It is an interchange station and a terminus between Guangzhou-Shenzhen-Hong Kong XRL, Guangzhou-Maoming Railway, Guangzhou–Zhuhai intercity railway and Beijing-Guangzhou HSR. This station is intended to replace the existing Guangzhou railway station in being the dominant station in Guangzhou. Together with Guangzhou main station, Guangzhou East and Guangzhou North railway stations, they will be jointly form one of six planned National Railway Passenger Transportation Centres by the Chinese Ministry of Railways. Expected 2020 passenger delivery volume will be 80.14 million passengers.
Guangzhou South railway station is also a comprehensive transportation hub; passengers can interchange between high-speed long-distance trains, Metro, long-distance and local buses, taxi, etc. Guangzhou Metro Line 2 and Line 7 subway lines are located at or near the bottom of station complex Metro station. The formation of a centralized transfer center will see connections with the future Guangzhou Metro Lines 18 & 20, as well as the FMetro Line 2.
- December 30, 2004 - Construction commences
- January 30, 2010 - Partial opening of the station with services north to Wuhan
- September 25, 2010 - Metro station opened
- January 7, 2011 - Services to Zhuhai North and Xinhui commences
- December 26, 2011 - Service to Shenzhen North commences
- December 26, 2012 - Service to Beijing West commences
- December 26, 2014 - Services to Nanning East and Guiyang North commences
- December 30, 2015 - Services to Futian commences
- September 23, 2018 - Service to Hong Kong West Kowloon commences
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Guangzhounan Railway Station.|
- 亚洲最大火车站广州南站正式开通运营 (in Chinese). Sina News. 31 January 2010. Archived from the original on 5 February 2010. Retrieved 24 December 2013.
- "Better late than never". Archived from the original on 13 July 2008. Retrieved 26 December 2008.
- 廣州新火車站選址番禺]（2006年3月14日），新浪網 (in Chinese). Sina Corp Hong Kong. 14 March 2006.[permanent dead link]
- "Guangzhou plans new rail station". www.chinadaily.com.cn. Retrieved 30 June 2020.
- "New Guangzhou (Shibi) Station" (PDF). Archived from the original (PDF) on 17 July 2011. Retrieved 26 December 2008.
- 珠三角建城际轨道交通网 广州至深圳将如坐公交 (in Chinese). Sina Corp. 31 December 2004.
- 广州铁路新客站规划建全国大铁路客运枢纽 (4-29) (in Chinese). 19 July 2006.[permanent dead link]
- 4条地铁线直通广州新火车站 (in Chinese). Xinhua News. 19 April 2009.
- 新广州火车站今动工，铁路四大客运中心呼之欲出 Archived 2015-02-04 at the Wayback Machine－南方网
- 武广线广州南站开始“封顶” Archived 24 December 2013 at the Wayback Machine－新华网广东频道
|Preceding station||China Railway High-speed||Following station|
towards Beijing West
|Beijing–Guangzhou–Shenzhen–Hong Kong high-speed railway||Qingsheng|
towards Hong Kong West Kowloon
|Nanning–Guangzhou high-speed railway||Terminus|
towards Guiyang North
|Guiyang–Guangzhou high-speed railway|
|Terminus||Guangzhou–Zhuhai intercity railway||Bijiang|
|Dashi||Guangzhou–Foshan circular intercity railway||Chencun|
|Preceding station||Guangzhou Metro||Following station|