Linqu County, Shandong
|Died||241 (aged 83)|
|Relations||Guan Zhong (ancestor)|
|Courtesy name||You'an (幼安)|
Guan Ning (158–241), courtesy name You'an, was a writer and scholar of the state of Cao Wei during the Three Kingdoms period of China. He was from Zhuxu County (朱虛縣), Beihai Commandery, which is near present-day Linqu County, Shandong. His father died when he was 16. He was friends with Hua Xin and Bing Yuan (邴原).
- Guan Ning's biography in the Sanguozhi recorded that he died at the age of 84 (by East Asian age reckoning) in the 2nd year of the Zhengshi era of Cao Fang's reign. (正始二年， ... 會寧卒，時年八十四。) By calculation, his birth year should be around 158.
- (管寧字幼安，北海朱虛人也。) Sanguozhi vol. 11.
- (年十六喪父，中表愍其孤貧，咸共贈賵，悉辭不受，稱財以送終。) Sanguozhi vol. 11.
- (與平原華歆、同縣邴原相友，俱游學於異國，並敬善陳仲弓。) Sanguozhi vol. 11.
- Chen, Shou (3rd century). Records of the Three Kingdoms (Sanguozhi).
- Pei, Songzhi (5th century). Annotations to Records of the Three Kingdoms (Sanguozhi zhu).
|This article about a Chinese politician is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article related to the Three Kingdoms era is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|