|Record||Mark Wallis (11 titles)|
The Greyhound Trainer of the Year or Champion Trainer is an award for the leading greyhound trainer in the United Kingdom.
It was inaugurated in 1961 and was originally elected by a press panel  but is now awarded to the trainer who achieves the most points for winning open races on the Greyhound Board of Great Britain annual racing calendar. 
Mark Wallis has won the most titles with eleven, he set a new record at the end of 2016, passing the previous record of seven set by John 'Ginger' McGee Sr. and has extended the record to eleven with further wins in 2017, 2018 and 2019. 
- Genders, Roy (1981). The Encyclopedia of Greyhound Racing, page 313. Pelham Books Ltd. ISBN 07207-1106-1.
- Fry, Paul (1995). The Official NGRC Greyhound Racing Yearbook, page 118-120. Ringpress Books. ISBN 186054-010-4.
- "Mark Wallis – Champion Trainer – Again". Greyhound Star.
- "Trainer of Year Championship standings". Greyhound Board of Great Britain.
- "Trainers Championship – Top 250". Greyhound Star.
- Hobbs, Jonathan (2007). Greyhound Annual 2008, pages 109-111. Raceform. ISBN 978-1-905153-53-4.
- "Monthly Greyhound Star (Remember When) December edition". Greyhound Star. 2015.
- "Mark Wallis champion greyhound trainer". Racing Blue.com.
- "GBGB Awards" (PDF). Greyhound Board of Great Britain.
- "Trainer of the Year Championship standings, up to and including Thursday 27th December 2018". Greyhound Board of Great Britain.