|Birth name||Gregory Scott Glasson|
|Born||December 6, 1974|
Princeton, New Jersey, U.S.
|Labels||major & Indy|
|Associated acts||Mother Superior & The Sliding Royales|
Gregory Scott Glasson (born December 6, 1974) is an American bass player. He has played bass for Grammy Award winning artist Seal both live onstage and in studio recordings. Glasson is also widely known as a solid session player, and has been featured on numerous albums, for a variety of artists. Mostly sought after in the Pop rock field, Glasson has played on major label tracks for artists such as Seal, Alanis Morissette and producer Josh Harris.
Born in Princeton, New Jersey, Glasson grew up in Pennington, New Jersey and graduated from Hopewell Valley Central High School. At the age 19 he was on the road playing with 90's roots rock act Dear Liza opening for Blues Traveler on their multiplatinum Four tour, as well as extensive tours with Derek Trucks Band and a handful of dates on the traveling 90's festival H.O.R.D.E.
A decade of touring and recording led to more session work for major labels and indie bands in NH. Greg currently plays full-time with Mother Superior & The Sliding Royales and Tan Vampires.
- Rebecca Hamm. "Locals to jam with Seal in Las Vegas", Foster's Daily Democrat, January 16, 2008. Retrieved on 2008-05-14.
- Distortion on the Dance Floor (edits) mp3s, Distortion on the Dance Floor (edits) music downloads, Distortion on the Dance Floor (edits) songs from eMusic.com
- Andy Argyrakis (October 24, 1998). "Bands leave BU crowd clamoring for more Benedictine University". Daily Herald. p. 3.
- BluesTraveler.net Setlist Search Results
- Gregg Glasson Official website. Retrieved on 2008-05-14.
|This article about a United States bass guitarist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|