|Greenland High School|
30 North Sandy Avenue
|School district||Greenland School District|
|NCES District ID||0506930|
|NCES School ID||050693000420|
|Faculty||28.67 (on FTE basis)|
|Student to teacher ratio||9.17|
|Athletics conference||3A Region 1 (2014-16)|
Greenland High School is a comprehensive four-year public secondary school in Greenland, Arkansas, United States. It is one of ten public high schools in Washington County and the sole high school administered by the Greenland School District.
The assumed course of study follows the Smart Core curriculum developed by the Arkansas Department of Education (ADE), which requires students to complete at least 22 units to graduate. Students complete regular (core and career focus) courses and exams and may select Advanced Placement coursework and exams that provide an opportunity for college credit. The school is accredited by the ADE and has been accredited by AdvancED since 1994.
The Greenland High School mascot and athletic emblem is the Pirate with green and white serving as its school colors.
For 2014-16, the Greenland Pirates compete in the 3A Classification within the 3A Region 1 Conference as sanctioned by the Arkansas Activities Association (AAA). Interscholastic activities include football, basketball, baseball, cheer, cross country (boys/girls), golf (boys/girls), softball, and track (boys/girls). Under the direction of Clay Reeves and Alan Barton, the girls basketball team has won six state championships (1999, 2000, 2002, 2012, 2013, 2015).
Clubs and traditions
Greenland students may participate in a variety of clubs and organizations that include BASS (Before and After School Support), National Beta Club, EAST Initiative, FBLA, FCCLA, Fellowship of Christian Athletes, FFA, Student Council, and Skills USA, along with choir, drama, and dance team.
The Greenland High School Pirate Band performs at Arkansas Region VII marching contests and during halftime at football games. During the winter and spring months, the band performs as a concert band at select performances and at the Arkansas Region VII concert assessment. Other activities include jazz band and winter guard.
- "Search for Public Schools - Greenland High School (050693000420)". National Center for Education Statistics. Institute of Education Sciences. Retrieved 16 January 2013.
- "Search for Public School Districts – District Detail for Greenland School District". National Center for Education Statistics. Institute of Education Sciences. Retrieved 16 January 2013.
- "2012 Best High Schools". U.S. News & World Report. Retrieved 1 January 2013. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "GREENLAND HIGH SCHOOL". National Center for Education Statistics. Retrieved February 25, 2019. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "Institution Summary, Greenland High School". AdvancED. Retrieved 1 January 2013. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)