|Greater Than a Crown|
|Directed by||Roy William Neill|
|Produced by||William Fox|
|Written by||Victor Bridges (novel) |
|Starring||Edmund Lowe |
|Cinematography||Joseph H. August|
|Distributed by||Fox Film|
|July 12, 1925|
Greater Than a Crown is a 1925 American silent romantic comedy film directed by Roy William Neill and starring Edmund Lowe, Dolores Costello and Margaret Livingston. It was based on a 1918 novel by the British writer Victor Bridges.
It is preserved in a foreign archive.
An American man in London assists an escaped Princess who has fled to England to escape a royal marriage. After she is kidnapped and taken home he goes to rescue her with the assistance of his English actress friend.
- Edmund Lowe as Tom Conway
- Dolores Costello as Isabel Frances / Princess of Lividia
- Margaret Livingston as Molly Montrose
- Ben Hendricks Jr. as Tiger Bugg
- Paul Panzer as Marquis Ferasti
- Tony Merlo as King Danilo
- Robert Klein as Count Seda
- Solomon, Aubrey. The Fox Film Corporation, 1915-1935: A History and Filmography. McFarland, 2011.