This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (August 2014) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Born||18 July 1968|
Auckland, New Zealand
|Occupation||Actor, television presenter|
|Spouse(s)||Roxane Wilson (2001–2011; divorced)|
Grant Bowler (born 18 July 1968) is a New Zealand-Australian actor and television presenter who has worked in American, Australian, New Zealand, and Canadian film, television, and theatre.
He is known for playing the role of Constable Wayne Patterson in Blue Heelers and Wolfgang West in Outrageous Fortune. He also appeared as Wilhelmina Slater's love interest Connor Owens in Ugly Betty. He starred as Joshua Nolan on the Syfy television series Defiance.
Bowler has been the voiceover for Border Security: Australia for the Seven Network since 2004. He has also provided the voiceover for the Canadian version of the show and the American version of the show when those version screen in Australia & New Zealand as Border Security: International, which often air on 7two.
His first television role was as Constable Wayne Patterson on Blue Heelers, from 1993 to 1996. After leaving that show, he spent time on Pacific Drive in 1996 and Medivac from 1996 to 1998. He had recurring roles on Always Greener and Stingers, starred in the television adaptation of On the Beach, spent a year on the ABC series Something in the Air, and starred in the 2004 miniseries Through My Eyes about the disappearance of Azaria Chamberlain. Bowler had a recurring role on All Saints from 2004 to 2005.
Bowler also hosted the Australian version of The Mole, hosting the show from 2000 to 2003. He was replaced as host on the 2005 series by Tom Williams because of family commitments and hosting duties with Border Security.
Bowler serves as the narrator of the reality show Border Security: Australia's Front Line, a duty which he began as host in 2004, though he stopped appearing on camera after the first season. Bowler starred in the New Zealand series Outrageous Fortune. Bowler's acting career has developed since he first began playing Wolf, but although the character is not in every episode, he has turned down other roles to continue in Outrageous Fortune.
In 2008, he became a recurring regular on Ugly Betty, in which he played the corrupt CFO of Meade Publications (Connor Owens) who romanced the series' main villain Wilhelmina Slater. Bowler said of his character, "He's got a lot of evil secrets." In December 2009, he was cast in the role of Cooter, a werewolf, in the HBO urban fantasy series True Blood, for that show's third season.
In late 2010, he was announced as the host of Seven Network's The Amazing Race Australia and hosted the show for 3 seasons. He did not return to host for the 2019 Network 10 revival of the series, being replaced by Beau Ryan.
He played Hank Rearden in Atlas Shrugged: Part I (2011), the first part of a planned three-part film adaptation of Ayn Rand's novel of the same name. He was also seen in 2011 in The City of Gardens, as well as the film Killer Elite.
He was seen in the war drama Gallipoli, released in 2015 on Channel 9, Australia. Bowler will next be seen in psychological action film Swelter, alongside Jean-Claude Van Damme and Alfred Molina, in the sci-fi thriller 400 Days with Brandon Routh and Dane Cook, Lucky Dog with Amy Smart, and the family movie, Zooey to the Max.
|2003||Calling Gerry Molloy||Oliver Laird|
|2004||One of the Oldest Con Games||Sam|
|2004||Through My Eyes: The Lindy Chamberlain Story||Black Rat|
|2007||The Fall of Night||Harry|
|2011||Killer Elite||Maj. Warwick Cregg|
|2011||City of Gardens||Jesus Christ|
|2011||Atlas Shrugged: Part I||Hank Rearden|
|2011||Steve Niles's Remains||Tom|
|2014||Lucky Dog||Preston Spencer|
|2015||One & Two||Daniel|
|2019||The Car: Road to Revenge||Rainer|
|2020||Bad Impulse||Henry Sharpe|
|1993–1996||Blue Heelers||Constable Wayne Patterson||Main role (seasons 1–3)|
|1996||Pacific Drive||Garth Stephens||Episode: "#1.10"|
|1996–1998||Medivac||Dr. Arch Craven||Main role|
|1997||Halifax f.p: Someone You Know||Bob Palance||Episode 13|
|1998||Wildside||Peter Simms||Episode: "#1.27"|
|1999||Farscape||Shaman Liko||Episode: "That Old Black Magic"|
|1999||Close Contact||Mike Heyns||Television film|
|1999–2001||Stingers||Sean Peck||3 episodes|
|2000–2003||The Mole||Himself (host)||30 episodes|
|2000||On the Beach||Lt. Peter Holmes||Television film|
|2000||The Lost World||Montague Fitzsimmonds||Episode: "London Calling"|
|2001||Finding Hope||Jack||Television film|
|2001–2002||Something in the Air||Mark Waters||26 episodes|
|2002||White Collar Blue||Steve Petrovic||Episode: "#1.9"|
|2002||Always Greener||Greg Steele||11 episodes|
|2004||McLeod's Daughters||Jarred Wuchowski||Episode: "Fool for Love"|
|2004–2005||All Saints||Nigel "Mac" MacPherson||20 episodes|
|2004–present||Border Security: Australia's Front Line||Narrator||105 episodes|
|2005–2009||Outrageous Fortune||Wolfgang West||Main role|
|2008||Lost||Captain Gault||3 episodes|
|2008||Canal Road||Detective Ray Driscoll||10 episodes|
|2008–2010||Ugly Betty||Connor Owens||17 episodes|
|2010||True Blood||Cooter||7 episodes|
|2011||Panic at Rock Island||Jim Quinn||Television film|
|2011||The Cape||Razer||Episode: "Razer"|
|2011–2012, 2014||The Amazing Race Australia||Himself (host)||34 episodes|
|2012||The Great Mint Swindle||Ray Mickelberg||Television film|
|2012||GCB||Mason Massey||2 episodes|
|2012||Liz & Dick||Richard Burton||Television film|
|2013–2015||Defiance||Joshua Nolan||38 episodes|
|2015||Gallipoli||Lieutenant Colonel William Malone||7 episodes|
|2015||Getting On||Dr. Ron Rudd||8 episodes|
|2016||Still Star-Crossed||Damiano Montague||Main role|
|2016||JL Ranch||Sheriff Henry Whitlock||Television film|
|2019||Harrow||Francis Chester||10 episodes|
|2019||Reef Break||Carter Eastland||6 episodes|
|2013||Defiance||Chief Lawkeeper Jeb Nolan||Voice|
- Shattuck, Kathryn (4 December 2009). "What's On Today > 9 p.m. (ABC) Ugly Betty". The New York Times. Retrieved 25 October 2012.
- "'Defiance' Star Grant Bowler Reveals His Gaming Habits". Comcast TV Blog. 20 March 2013. Retrieved 17 June 2013.
- Coster, Alice (11 May 2011). "Grant Bowler hosts Channel 7 and Active TV's The Amazing Race Australia". Herald Sun. Melbourne, Australia. Retrieved 25 October 2012.
- "Grant Bowler Video: Celebrity Interview and Paparazzi". OV Guide. Archived from the original on 24 September 2015. Retrieved 25 October 2012.
- "Amazing Race's Grant Bowler splits with wife". Herald Sun. Melbourne, Australia. 30 March 2011. Retrieved 25 October 2012.
- "More New Blood – Both Vamp & Lycan Added to True Blood". Dreadcentral.com. Retrieved 14 August 2010.
- "Wolf at the door". Otago Daily Times. 17 June 2008. Retrieved 1 October 2008.
- "SPOILER ALERT: The Ugly Betty Cast Dishes on Season 3 From People.com (September 16, 2008)". Tvwatch.people.com. 16 September 2008. Retrieved 14 August 2010.
- "Final True Blood Season 3 Promo Poster Revealed". Dreadcentral.com. Retrieved 14 August 2010.
- "Atlas Shrugged Part One (2011) : A Utopian Society Made Up of Business Moguls in Fedoras". The New York Times. Retrieved 4 October 2014.
- "Grant Bowler to play Richard Burton opposite Lindsay Lohan's Liz Taylor". Tvtonight.com.au. Retrieved 4 October 2014.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Grant Bowler.|
- Grant Bowler at IMDb
- Outrageous Fortune Official site
- Sue Barnett & Associates | Grant Bowler
- "Grant Bowler Signs On For Lead In Syfy's Upcoming Epic Science Fiction Series, 'Defiance'". Syfy press release via Zap2It.com. 17 January 2012. Archived from the original on 21 January 2012. Retrieved 25 October 2012.
- "Grant Bowler on Gallipoli, the 2015 TV miniseries". Stuff/Fairfax. 9 February 2015.