|Associate Justice of the Minnesota Supreme Court|
|Assumed office |
August 3, 2020
|Appointed by||Tim Walz|
|Preceded by||David Lillehaug|
|Judge of the Minnesota Fifth District Court|
March 1, 2012 – August 3, 2020
|Appointed by||Mark Dayton|
|Preceded by||Jeffrey L. Flynn|
|Succeeded by||Sherry Haley|
|Born||April 6, 1963|
|Education||Carleton College (B.A.)|
University of Iowa College of Law (J.D.)
Early life and education
Moore grew up in Rochester and lived in Northfield and Mankato before moving to Worthington to raise a family in 1995. He received a Bachelor of Arts from Carleton College in 1985 and his Juris Doctor, with honors, from the University of Iowa College of Law in 1988.
Moore was an associate attorney with the Worthington law office of Von Holtum, Malters & Shepherd, and served as Worthington's assistant city attorney. Before becoming Nobles County attorney, he served as a special assistant and assistant attorney general under Attorney General of Minnesota Skip Humphrey and was an associate and assistant city attorney in Worthington.
State judicial service
On January 18, 2012, Governor Mark Dayton appointed Moore to the Minnesota Fifth Judicial District Court to the seat vacated by Judge Jeffrey L. Flynn, who retired. He was sworn in on March 1, 2012.
Appointment to Minnesota Supreme Court
Moore was one of four candidates, along with Court of Appeals Judges Diane Bratvold and Jeffrey Bryan and Chief Deputy Attorney General John Keller. On May 15, 2020, Governor Tim Walz appointed Moore to the Minnesota Supreme Court. He filled the vacancy left by the retirement of Justice David Lillehaug.
- Montemayor, Stephen (May 16, 2020). "Gov. Walz makes Worthington judge his first Minnesota Supreme Court selection". Star Tribune. Retrieved May 17, 2020.
- "Judge Gordon Moore". www.mncourts.gov. Retrieved 2020-05-17.
- "Gordon Moore and Terry Vajgrt Appointed to Fill Fifth Judicial District Vacancies" (Press release). January 18, 2012. Retrieved May 17, 2020.
- "Moore sworn in as district court judge (with video)". The Globe. March 1, 2012. Retrieved May 17, 2020.
- "Governor Walz Appoints Judge Gordon Moore to the Minnesota Supreme Court" (Press release). May 15, 2020. Retrieved May 17, 2020.
| Associate Justice of the Minnesota Supreme Court