Gopichand Malineni (born 13 March 1980) is an Indian film director and writer who works in Telugu Cinema. He made his directional debut in 2010 with a Telugu action comedy film Don Seenu starring Raviteja and Shriya Saran in the lead roles. He worked in many films before his first directional venture.
Gopichand Malineni was born and brought up in Boddulurivaripalem village near Ongole, Andhra Pradesh. His family hails from the same village. His primary education was done at Sarada Niketan School Prakasam District and upper primary at VR College Nellore. He discontinued his education in 12th class and entered into the film industry. Friends and family were always a huge support to Gopichand. He is married to Sri Satya on 14 February 2013.
In his early years Malineni worked as a Camera assistant for few programmes telecasted by ETV in Warangal Dist. He was appreciated for his work in ETV News.
Malineni made his debut into the film industry as a camera assistant for the movie Hello I Love You directed by Veera Shankar. He then debuted as an assistant in the direction department for the movie Police starring Srihari in the lead role. He worked for four films with Srihari and later worked with E.V.V. Satyanarayana for two films, with Srinu Vytla for Andarivaadu, Venky, Dhee with A.R. Murugadoss for Stalin, with Srivas for Lakshyam, with Meher Ramesh for Kantri and Billa.
He made his debut as a director with Don Seenu starring Ravi Teja and Shriya Saran on the lead and it was one of the biggest hit films in 2010. In 2012 he directed Bodyguard with Venkatesh and Trisha on the lead. In 2013 he directed a film Balupu starring Ravi Teja, Shruti Haasan and Journey fame Anjali under the production of PVP Cinemas, this movies was known as the comeback film of Ravi Teja. The film was released on 28 June 2013. Balupu was Malineni's second film with Ravi Teja after Don Seenu. The film received positive reviews from critics. and was successful at the box office. Later, Malineni established his name in the industry with other hits like, Pandaga Chesko, starring Ram Pothineni and Rakul Preet Singh in lead roles. This movie was another hit for Malineni and a comeback for Ram Pothineni. In 2017, Malineni made a flop with Winner starring Sai Dharam Tej and Rakul Preet Singh in lead role.
|2010||Don Seenu||Ravi Teja, Shriya Saran, Anjana Sukhani||Remade in Bengali as Badsha The Don|
|2012||Bodyguard||Venkatesh, Trisha Krishnan, Saloni Aswani, Prakash Raj||Remake of Malayalam film Bodyguard|
|2013||Balupu||Ravi Teja, Anjali, Shruti Haasan||Remade in Bengali as Herogiri|
|2015||Pandaga Chesko||Ram, Rakul Preet Singh, Sonal Chauhan|
|2017||Winner||Sai Dharam Tej, Rakul Preet Singh|
|2021||Krack||Ravi Teja, Shruti Haasan, Varalaxmi Sarathkumar, Samuthirakani, Ali, Chirag Jani|
- "Gopichand Malineni's interview about Balupu". idlebrain.com. 27 June 2013. Retrieved 27 June 2013.
- "Gopichand Malineni marriage photo". The Times of India. 15 February 2013. Retrieved 16 February 2013.
- "Stars : Star Interviews : Gopichand Malineni - Chitchat". Telugucinema.com. Archived from the original on 6 April 2012. Retrieved 31 January 2013.
- "'Don Seenu' is a disappointing, routine flick". IBN Live. 14 August 2010. Retrieved 4 January 2012.
- "Its golden jubilee for 'Don Seenu'!". indiaglitz.com. 23 September 2010. Retrieved 16 February 2013.
- "Bodyguard". idlebrain.com. Retrieved 26 October 2012.
- "Balupu – Mass masala entertainer". 123telugu.com. Retrieved 1 July 2013.
- "Balupu Telugu movie review highlights". The Times of India. 28 June 2013. Retrieved 1 July 2013.
- "Balupu is on track to be a big hit". 123telugu.com. Retrieved 1 July 2013.
- "Sai Dharam Tej to shoot two films simultaneously".