|Based on||Letty Dobesh novella series|
by Blake Crouch
|Opening theme||"Hard Time"|
by Seinabo Sey
|Country of origin||United States|
|No. of seasons||2|
|No. of episodes||20 (list of episodes)|
|Production location(s)||North Carolina|
|Picture format||720p (HDTV)|
|Original release||November 15, 2016 –|
December 17, 2017
Good Behavior is an American drama television series based on the novella series by Blake Crouch. The series stars Michelle Dockery as Letty Raines, a con artist who becomes involved with a hitman named Javier Pereira, played by Juan Diego Botto.
TNT picked up the pilot to a 10-episode series in December 2015. The series premiered on November 15, 2016. On January 14, 2017, the series was renewed for a second season, which premiered on October 15, 2017.
On November 6, 2018, TNT canceled the series after two seasons.
Letty Raines – a thief, con artist and drug user – is released from prison on good behavior, and is intent on re-gaining custody of her 10-year-old son Jacob. Her mother, Estelle, has custody and, because of Letty's incarceration, has a restraining order of protection that restricts contact. Letty infrequently sees her parole officer, Christian, who is exasperated by her attitude and lack of progress. While robbing a hotel room, Letty hides in the closet and overhears a discussion about a contract killing. Her unsuccessful effort to prevent the killing creates a series-long involvement with the killer, Javier, to the point of a personal relationship and participation in subsequent "hits".
- Michelle Dockery as Leticia 'Letty' Raines
- Juan Diego Botto as Javier Pereira
- Lusia Strus as Estelle Raines, Letty's mother
- Terry Kinney as Christian Woodhill, Letty's parole officer
- Nyles Trippy Steele as Jacob Raines, Nathaniel and Alexander son
- Joey Kern as Rob McDaniels, Estelle's husband, a high school acquaintance of Letty's (season 2; recurring season 1)
- Ann Dowd as Rhonda Lashever, a tenacious FBI agent determined to catch Javier
- María Botto as Ava, Javier's sister
- Todd Williams as Sean, Letty's ex-boyfriend who is Jacob's father
- Gideon Emery as Silk, Ava's ex-husband, a mortuary worker who disposes of bodies for Javier (season 1-2)
- Collette Wolfe as Tiffany Dash, a friend of Letty's from high school (season 1)
- Justin Bruening as Kyle Dash, Tiffany's husband (season 1)
- Laura Bell Bundy as Carin, Javier and Letty's temporary neighbor and friend (season 2)
- Juan Riedinger as Teo, who uses Ava to get close to Javier
|First aired||Last aired|
|1||10||November 15, 2016||January 10, 2017|
|2||10||October 15, 2017||December 17, 2017|
Good Behavior has received mostly positive reviews from television critics. Review aggregator website Rotten Tomatoes reported a 78% "fresh" rating based on 23 reviews. The website's consensus reads, "Emotional manipulation aside, Good Behavior is a legitimately suspenseful and sexy drama." Metacritic reported a score of 65 out of 100 based on 22 reviews, indicating "generally favorable reviews".
The series is filmed predominantly in Wilmington, North Carolina, both on location and at EUE/Screen Gems studios. The pilot was filmed from September to October 2015 while season one was filmed from March to July 2016. Filming for season two began on April 10, 2017, and ended on September 8, 2017.
- TNT (December 10, 2015). "TNT Greenlights Original Drama Series 'Good Behavior' and 'Animal Kingdom'" (Press release). The Futon Critic. Retrieved 8 January 2016.
- @GoodBehavior (August 2, 2016). "Michelle Dockery is on #GoodBehavior for @tntdrama's original new fall series, premiering on November 15th" (Tweet) – via Twitter.
- "Good Behavior - Renewed for a 2nd Season". 14 January 2017.
- Goldberg, Leslie (November 6, 2018). "'Good Behavior' Canceled at TNT". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved November 6, 2018.
- Hipes, Patrick (July 13, 2015). "TNT Orders Drama Pilot 'Good Behavior' Starring Michelle Dockery". Deadline Hollywood. Retrieved January 9, 2016.
- Andreeva, Nellie (September 15, 2015). "TNT Drama Pilot 'Good Behavior' Casts Juan Diego Botto As Male Lead". Deadline Hollywood. Retrieved January 9, 2016.
- Petski, Denise (October 6, 2015). "TNT Drama Pilot 'Good Behavior' Casts Lusia Strus & Terry Kinney". Deadline Hollywood. Retrieved January 9, 2016.
- "Good Behavior: Season 1 (2016)". Rotten Tomatoes. Retrieved December 7, 2016.
- "Good Behavior : Season 1". Metacritic. Retrieved December 7, 2016.
- WECT Staff (February 29, 2016). "TNT series 'Good Behavior' to continue filming in Wilmington". WECT. Retrieved March 4, 2016.
- Ohnesorge, Lauren K. (17 January 2017). "TNT's 'Good Behavior' renewal to boost Wilmington economy". bizjournals.com. Triangle Business Journal. Retrieved 19 March 2017.
- Snow, Hilary (9 October 2015). "Filming now underway for locally shot TNT pilot". PortCityDaily.com.
- "'Good Behavior' pilot wraps filming - Lumina News". 28 October 2015.
- Snow, Hilary (12 December 2015). "Locally shot pilot returns to Wilmington for first season". PortCityDaily.com.
- Staff, Hunter Ingram StarNews. "'Six' and 'Good Behavior' finish filming in Wilmington".
- Schachtman, Benjamin (2 April 2017). "Want to be on TNT's 'Good Behavior'? Extras' casting starts this week". Retrieved 7 April 2017.
- "With Good Behavior's season wrap, Wilmington's film industry at a standstill - WilmingtonBiz".