This article needs additional citations for verification. (January 2018) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Goldene Kamera award|
|Awarded for||Film and television|
|Presented by||Funke Mediengruppe|
The Goldene Kamera ("Golden Camera") is an annual German film and television award, awarded by the Funke Mediengruppe. The award show is usually held in early February in Hamburg, but has also taken place in Berlin in the past.
The gold-plated silver award model was created by Berlin artist Wolfram Beck. It is 25 cm (9.8 in) high and weighs around 900 grams (2.0 lb).
The award was first presented in 1966 as a strictly German television award. Since 1987, it has also been awarded to international stars. In 1995, the categories expanded to pop groups and to more public interests. In 2019, a 'Climate Action Award' was given to Greta Thunberg.
In September 2019, Funke Mediengruppe announced the end of the traditional award for 2020. Due to a change in media consumption preferences of their audience in the course of digitization, the manager of Funke's magazine division said that the group would instead focus on digital content like the "YouTube Goldene Kamera Digital Award".
The final 'Goldene Kamera' was planned to be awarded on 21 March 2020 with Thomas Gottschalk as presenter. Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the event in March was cancelled and rescheduled for 12 November 2020.
Traditional Awards categories
This section needs expansion. You can help by adding to it. (January 2018)
- Best National Actor/Actress
- Best International Actor/Actress
- Best National TV Movie
- Best National TV Show
- Best Newcomer Actor/Actress
- "Geschichte & Hintergründe". Goldenekamera.de. Archived from the original on 12 January 2015. Retrieved 18 March 2015.
- "CHRONIK". Goldenekamera.de. Archived from the original on 12 January 2015. Retrieved 18 March 2015.
- "Goldene Kamera 2020 als vorerst letzte Show geplant". Hamburger Abendblatt (in German). Funke Mediengruppe. 5 September 2019. Retrieved 5 September 2019.
- "Die Goldene Kamera 2020 wird verschoben" [Goldene Kamera 2020 will be postponed] (in German). 6 March 2020. Retrieved 28 April 2020.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Goldene Kamera.|
- Official website (in German)