|Global Wrestling Network|
|Launched||October 10, 2017|
|Closed||May 1, 2019|
|Owned by||Anthem Wrestling Exhibitions, LLC|
|Picture format||HDTV (1080i 16:9)|
|Slogan||The Alternative Wrestling Network|
|Broadcast area||Argentina, Australia, Austria, Belgium, Brazil, Bulgaria, Canada, Chile, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Mexico, Netherlands, New Zealand, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, United Kingdom, United States, Uruguay|
|Headquarters||Toronto, Ontario, Canada|
|Replaced by||Impact Plus|
Global Wrestling Network (GWN) was a digital streaming service and mobile app owned by Anthem Wrestling Exhibitions, a subsidiary of Anthem Sports & Entertainment and parent company of Impact Wrestling. It primarily featured content from the Impact video library, along with original programming and content from independent and international promotions. The service ceased operating on May 1, 2019 when it was replaced by Impact Plus.
The first service to stream Total Nonstop Action Wrestling (TNA) content on-demand happened in 2009, when the company launched its own 'TNA Video Vault'. The service changed its name to 'TNA On Demand' in 2010 and ran up until around early 2013. The company also launched the 'TNA Wrestling Plus' YouTube channel - where users could rent pay-per-views and documentaries previously released on DVD. In early 2017, Anthem launched the 'Total Access TNA' (later renamed 'Total Access Impact') originally for UK users after Challenge TV's TNA broadcasting contract had expired.
In June 2017, Executive Vice President of Anthem Sports and Entertainment Ed Nordholm told The Tennessean that the company once known as TNA had rebranded. As part of expanding the brand, Nordholm said he had been planning an on demand service that would tap into TNA's video library. The Tennessean noted that the library was valuable as TNA had previously signed many legendary wrestlers and several wrestlers who appeared in TNA later signed with WWE.
At the time of the rebranding, the company had been named Impact Wrestling after its flagship program, and had assumed the name of Global Force Wrestling (GFW). In October 2017, Jeff Jarrett left the company and it reverted to the Impact Wrestling name as Jarrett owned the rights to GFW. The Global Wrestling Network (GWN) name had been influenced by its connection to GFW.
The launch of GWN was hinted on Impact!, until an announcement on the August 31, 2017 episode revealed a planned release in September. Nordholm appeared on Wrestling Observer Radio on September 9 and stated that the goal of the network was to be an alternative brand to the WWE Network. The network temporarily went live on September 12, 2017 while the infrastructure was being tweaked, but was taken down by the next day.
Global Wrestling Network officially launched on October 10, 2017. A 30-day free trial period was offered at launch. The service features free content for subscribers along with a premium content service for $7.99 USD in all available territories. Over 1,000 hours of content from the Impact Wrestling libraries are available to subscribers but the network also includes tape libraries from the Fight Network, Border City Wrestling, Wrestling at the Chase and other sources.
In November 2017, content from several independent promotions such as WrestleCade, Rocky Mountain Pro, DEFY Wrestling and Future Stars of Wrestling were added to GWN.
On August 14, 2018 Jeff Jarrett and his company Global Force Entertainment announced that it had filed a lawsuit against Impact Wrestling's parent company Anthem Sports & Entertainment in the District Court of Tennessee for copyright infringement over the GFW rights, as Jarrett owned all Global Force Wrestling properties since its creation in 2014. Impact would have needed to suspend the operations of GWN had the lawsuit been successful.
Impact announced the launch of its new premium streaming service, Impact Plus, on April 28, 2019, during its Rebellion pay-per-view. Impact Plus subsequently replaced Global Wrestling Network. Three months later, Anthem counter-sued Jarrett and claimed that the looks and trademarks of GFW and GWN were not similar.
At the time the service was shut down, the following programming was included:
- All pay-per-view events (except most recent pay-per-view event)
- Select One Night Only events (All 2013–2015, 2017–present; 7 of 10 2016)
- All TNA weekly pay-per-views (aka the Asylum Years)
- All episodes of TNA British Boot Camp
- Select episodes of Impact! (All 2004-2005, 2017–present (except those which aired within 10 days); select 2006-2007, 2015–2016)
- Select episodes of Impact! Xplosion (All 2017-2018, select 2016)
- Select episodes of TNA Legends
- Select episodes of TNA Unfinished Business
- Select episodes of TNA's Greatest Matches
- Select episodes of TNA Epics
- All episodes of Inside Impact
- All episodes of Twitch Specials
- Impact in 60
- Classic Compilations (TNA's home video releases)
- Hidden Gems
- All 12 volumes of Wrestling at the Chase
- Pro Wrestling Superstars
- AML wrestling
- Border City Wrestling
- Capitol Wrestling
- Championship Wrestling from Arizona
- Championship Wrestling from Hollywood
- Destiny World Wrestling
- Future Stars of Wrestling
- Great White North Wrestling
- International Pro Wrestling
- PCW UK
- Prestige Wrestling
- Smash Wrestling
- Rocky Mountain Pro
- RISE Wrestling
- World Series Wrestling
- My Best 5
- "FAQ". Global Wrestling Network. Retrieved October 10, 2017.
- IMPACT Wrestling (2009-05-27), TNA Video Vault - TNA On Demand, retrieved 2018-05-13
- "TNAwrestlingPLUS". YouTube. Retrieved 2018-05-13.
- IMPACT Wrestling (2016-12-22), TNA Total Access Coming Soon to UK and Ireland, retrieved 2018-05-13
- Rau, Nate (June 30, 2017). "TNA wrestling rebrands as GFW, eyes global expansion". The Tennessean. Retrieved October 12, 2017.
- Ocampo, Ernesto (October 23, 2017). "No más GFW: Jeff Jarrett oficialmente fuera de Impact Wrestling". Super Luchas (in Spanish). Retrieved February 24, 2017.
- Martin, Adam (September 1, 2017). "Global Wrestling Network update". WrestleView. Retrieved October 12, 2017.
- Jordan, Paul (September 1, 2017). "More on GFW's OTT Network, Fite Getting Mileage Out of Eric Young and More GFW News". Pro Wrestling Insider. Retrieved October 12, 2017.
- Johnson, Mike (September 13, 2017). "What Actually Happened With the Global Wrestling Network and More GFW News". Pro Wrestling Insider. Retrieved October 12, 2017.
- Meltzer, Dave (October 10, 2017). "Anthem Launches Global Wrestling Network On-Demand Service". Wrestling Observer Newsletter. Retrieved October 12, 2017.
- Varsallone, Jim (October 10, 2017). "Anthem, Impact announce Global Wrestling Network launch". Miami Herald. Retrieved October 12, 2017.
- Johnson, Mike (October 10, 2017). "Anthem's Global Wrestling Network officially launches, complete details". Pro Wrestling Insider. Retrieved October 12, 2017.
- Powell, John (October 10, 2017). "Global Wrestling Network launched". Canoe.com. Slam! Wrestling. Retrieved October 12, 2017.
- Martin, Adam (October 10, 2017). "Anthem and Impact Wrestling launch the Global Wrestling Network". WrestleView. Retrieved October 12, 2017.
- Keller, Wade (October 10, 2017). "Global Wrestling Network streaming service launched today with 30 day free trial including TNA PPV archives and Impact weekly series access". Pro Wrestling Torch. Retrieved October 12, 2017.
- Powell, Jason (October 10, 2017). "Anthem/Impact Wrestling launches Global Wrestling Network". Pro Wrestling Dot Net. Retrieved October 12, 2017.
- Powell, Jason (November 30, 2017). "Impact Wrestling adds promotions to the Global Wrestling Network". Pro Wrestling Dot Net. Retrieved January 14, 2018.
- Johnson, Mike (August 14, 2018). "Jeff Jarrett & GFW Sue Impact Wrestling Parent Company". Pro Wrestling Insider. Retrieved August 15, 2018.
- "Jeff Jarrett And Global Force Sue Impact Wrestling And Anthem Wrestling". Fightful. Retrieved 15 August 2018.
- "IMPACT Wrestling Announces Launch Of "IMPACT Plus" Streaming Service | Fightful Wrestling". Fightful. Retrieved May 5, 2019.
- Lambert, Jeremy (July 19, 2019). "Report: Anthem Files Counter Lawsuit Against Jeff Jarrett". Fightful. Retrieved August 5, 2019.