This article needs additional citations for verification. (January 2018) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Founder||UK BM Centre (UK), SPI (USA), SIQ (Sweden), IZB (Germany), BM Club Italy (Italy)|
|Headquarters||GBN Secretariat in Berlin, Germany|
|Robert C. Camp (President)|
Robin S. Mann (Chairman)
Holger Kohl, Ronald Orth, Mario Goermer (Secretary General)
The Global Benchmarking Network (GBN) is an alliance of leading benchmarking centres worldwide. Current membership comprises 20 benchmarking centres in 20 countries, which represent more than 30,000 businesses and government agencies. The GBN was founded in November 1994 by representatives from benchmarking centres in Germany, Italy, Sweden, the United Kingdom and the United States.
The GBN is a non-profit organization. Funding is raised from affiliates' annual fees and other sources approved at the annual meeting. It has a Chairman, a Vice Chairman, and a Secretary General.
The GBN was established to promote and to support these core benefits for its affiliates:
- to share experience in benchmarking centre operations
- to promote and to assist with international partnering between individual organizations participating in centre activities
- to enhance centres with marketing and promotional support for benchmarking
- to exchange selected publications between affiliates including newsletters and promotional material
- to share advance information on up-coming meetings, activities, and events including national and international awards
- McGaughey, Ronald E. (2001-12-01). "Internet editorial". Benchmarking. Emerald Group Publishing. 8 (5). doi:10.1108/bij.2001.13108eag.001. Archived from the original on 2020-06-28. Retrieved 2020-06-28.
- English, Michael J.; Baker, William H. (2006). Winning the Knowledge Transfer Race. New York: McGraw-Hill Education. pp. 197–198. ISBN 978-0-07-145794-1. Retrieved 2020-06-28.
- Watson, Gregory H. (2007). Strategic Benchmarking Reloaded with Six Sigma: Improve Your Company's Performance Using Global Best Practice. Hoboken, New Jersey: Wiley. pp. xxxiv–xxxv. ISBN 978-0-470-06908-0. Retrieved 2020-06-28.
- Madsen, Dag Øivind; Slåtten, Kåre; Johanson, Daniel (2017-04-03). "The emergence and evolution of benchmarking: a management fashion perspective". Benchmarking. Emerald Group Publishing. 24 (3). doi:10.1108/bij-05-2016-0077. Retrieved 2020-06-28.
- National Academies of Sciences, Engineering, and Medicine (2010). A Methodology for Performance Measurement and Peer Comparison in the Public Transportation Industry. Washington, DC: National Academies Press. p. 7. doi:10.17226/14402. ISBN 978-0-309-15482-6.CS1 maint: multiple names: authors list (link)
- Dahlgaard-Park, Su Mi, ed. (2015). The SAGE Encyclopedia of Quality and the Service Economy. Thousand Oaks, California: SAGE Publications. p. 33. ISBN 978-1-4522-5672-6. Retrieved 2020-06-28.
- QFinance: The Ultimate Resource. London: Bloomsbury Publishing. 2009. p. 1569. ISBN 978-1-84930-000-1. Retrieved 2020-06-28.