This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (June 2010) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Glenn A. Chong
|Member of the Philippine House of Representatives|
June 30, 2007 – June 30, 2010
|Preceded by||Gerardo J. Espina, Jr.|
|Succeeded by||Rogelio J. Espina|
|Constituency||Lone District of Biliran|
Glenn Ang Chong
July 12, 1974
Naval, Biliran, Philippines
|Political party||Liberal Party (2007-2009) |
Lakas Kampi CMD (2009-2013)
|Alma mater||Naval State University |
Sacred Heart Seminary
University of San Jose Recoletos (1995)
Cebu Institute of Technology (1998)
University of San Carlos (2004)
Glenn Ang Chong (born July 12, 1974) is a Filipino politician. He was elected as a Member of the House of Representatives, representing the Lone District of Biliran. He hold the position for three (3) years before he lost his re-election bid to Rogelio J. Espina, twin brother of Gerardo Espina, Sr.
Chong was born on July 12, 1974 in Naval, Biliran. He is a lawyer and certified public accountant by profession. He obtained his Doctor of Humanities (Honoris Causa) degree in University of San Carlos.
He won his election in 2007 by defeating former Representative Gerardo Espina Sr., who had held the seat from 1995 to 2004, making him the very first representative of Biliran who do not belong to Espina political clan. 
He sought for re-election in 2010 and 2013 but lost twice to Rogelio Espina. He ran under Lakas-Kampi and PMP party, respectively.
Glenn A. Chong's father, Charlie, was ambushed but was unhurt, on the street fronting his Biliran house on June 7, 2008. His 2 bodyguards were killed while another was seriously wounded by 4 armed men which included "Saul," a policeman assigned to the Naval police headquarters who was arrested. Chong accused his family's political enemies for the attack, since his father filed a 2007 graft case against Biliran Gov. Rogelio Espina with the Ombudsman.
Richard Red Santillan, Chong's close-in aide, was ambushed on December 9, 2018. His body was recovered the following day. 30 bullet holes were found in Chong's car, which Santillan was driving at the time of ambush. Atty. Chong is a vocal Smartmatic critic, having testified about electoral fraud in both Senate and Congressional hearings. Santillan was with a female companion in the said car. He was on the way to bring the lady home when the ambush happened. The woman also perished. The Public Attorney's Office will file charges against cops behind the alleged shootout.
- "Member Information: Glenn A. Chong". House of Representatives of the Philippines. Retrieved 2008-03-05.
- ""2010 Biliran Election Results"". Biliran Island: Biliran Blogs. Retrieved 2 July 2018.
- Karen Tiongson Mayrina; Allan Vallarta (2007-06-28). "Clans still rule in 14th House but fewer in ranks". GMA News. Retrieved 2008-02-16.
- ""Biliran 2010 Election Results"". Biliran Blogs. Retrieved 2 July 2018.
- ""Biliran 2013 Election". Biliran Blogs. Retrieved 2 July 2018.
- Inquirer.net, Biliran solon's dad attacked, 2 bodyguards killed
- ""Cainta 'shootout' fatality is lawyer's security aide"". Philstar Global. Retrieved 12 December 2018.
- ""PAO to file charges vs cops in shootout that killed Glenn Chong's aide"". ABS-CBN News. Retrieved 18 December 2018.
Gerardo J. Espina Jr.
| Representative, Lone District of Biliran
Rogelio J. Espina
|This article about a Filipino politician is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|