|Date of birth||18 April 1969|
|Place of birth||Cambridge, England|
|Height||5 ft 10 in (1.78 m)|
|Playing position(s)||Left winger|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only|
Maiorana was born in Cambridge to Italian parents from Avellino. In 1987, he was working in a bakery and playing Sunday League football when he signed for Eastern Counties League club Histon. After around 30 games for Histon's first team, he was invited for a trial for Manchester United in November 1988. He played the first half of a testimonial match for Ian Handysides of Birmingham City, producing a performance described by Alex Ferguson as "one of the best displays I have ever seen from a trialist", and signed a four-year contract with United for a fee of £30,000. The fee saved Histon, £23,000 in debt and under pressure from their bank, from going out of business.
He made his debut on 14 January 1989 as a substitute against Millwall in the First Division, and came to prominence with an exciting display on his first start, in a live televised 1–1 draw with Arsenal (who finished the season as league champions) at Old Trafford that April. Maiorana only started one more game, and made his last two substitute appearances in October 1989. He then suffered a serious knee injury in a reserve game and never played for the club again, finally being given a free transfer at the end of the 1993–94 season.
After leaving United, Maiorana had a brief spell with Ljungskile SK, where he made five appearances, of which four were as a substitute, in the Swedish second-tier Division 1. He then returned home to work in his family's upholstery business, and played for Newmarket Town in the Eastern Counties League Premier Division.
- Rollin, Jack, ed. (1990). Rothmans Football Yearbook 1990–91 (21st ed.). Queen Anne Press. p. 353. ISBN 0-356-17911-7.
- Baldi, Ryan. "Interview, Giuliano Maiorana". FourFourTwo. Retrieved 12 March 2019.
- "Il volo spezzato di Giuliano Maiorana". L'Uono Nel Pallone. Retrieved 12 March 2019.
- Ferguson, Alex (11 December 1988). "Gems From The Deep". New Straits Times. p. 22. Retrieved 26 November 2009.
That was one of the best displays I have ever seen from a trialist. The player marking him, Ray Ranson, is an exceptionally experienced full-back—but Maiorana gave him all kinds of problems.
- "Maiorana – It was 20 years ago today Giuliano kept bank at bay". Cambridge News. 28 November 2008. Retrieved 26 November 2009.
- "Jules Maiorana". Stretford End. Retrieved 26 November 2009.
- Smyth, Rob (28 March 2006). "Red Anniversaries: 28 March – 2 April". Manchester United F.C. Retrieved 26 November 2009.
United drew 1–1 with Arsenal in a live TV game also memorable for a bewitching full debut from twinkle-toed left-winger Giuliano Maiorana
- "1989/90". Stretford End. Retrieved 26 November 2009.
- Williams, Richard (24 January 1993). "The heirs to a magnificent dream". The Independent. Retrieved 26 November 2009.
- "Giuiliano Maiorana" (in Swedish). Ljungskile SK. Retrieved 26 November 2009.
- "Masters Cup Manchester 2008". Masters Football. Retrieved 26 November 2009.
- "Masters Cup Manchester 2009". Masters Football. Retrieved 26 November 2009.
- "Jules Maiorana". Stretford End. Retrieved 23 August 2012.
- "Giuiliano Maiorana" (in Swedish). Ljungskile SK. Retrieved 23 August 2012.