|Girl in the Headlines|
|Directed by||Michael Truman|
|Written by||Patrick Campbell|
|Based on||The Nose on My Face|
by Laurence Payne
|Music by||John Addison|
|Edited by||Frederick Wilson|
British Lion Film Corporation
Viewfinder Films Ltd.
|Distributed by||Bryanston Films (UK)|
Girl in the Headlines (AKA The Model Girl Murder Case) is a 1963 British detective film directed by Michael Truman and starring Ian Hendry, Ronald Fraser, Jeremy Brett, and Jane Asher. It is based on the 1961 novel The Nose on my Face by actor Laurence Payne.
Inspector Birkett and Sergeant Saunders are called in to investigate the murder of a glamorous model. It becomes apparent that the girl had led a chequered life and her acquaintances included drug dealers. Jordan and Hammond Barker are reluctant to help but when the police finally make an arrest, another murder occurs in a seedy Soho jazz café. But are the two murders connected?
- Ian Hendry – Inspector Birkett
- Ronald Fraser – Sergeant Saunders
- Margaret Johnston – Mrs Gray
- Natasha Parry – Perlita Barker
- Jeremy Brett – Jordan Barker
- Kieron Moore – Herter
- Peter Arne – Hammond Barker
- Jane Asher – Lindy Birkett
- Rosalie Crutchley – Maude Klein
- Robert Harris – William Lamotte
- Duncan Macrae – Barney
- Zena Walker – Mildred Birkett
- James Villiers – David Dane
- Alan White – Inspector Blackwell
- Martin Boddey – Inspector
- Marie Burke – Madame Lavalle
- Patrick Holt – Walbrook
- Douglas Muir – Fingerprint expert
'Britmovie' called the film a "cleverly plotted thriller directed by ex-Ealing editor/producer Michael Truman... Hendry's committed performance and Fraser's underplayed support dominate the film as the two policemen on the case."
- Petrie, Duncan James (2017). "Bryanston Films : An Experiment in Cooperative Independent Production and Distribution" (PDF). Historical Journal of Film, Radio and Television: 7. ISSN 1465-3451.
- "Official Website of Ian Hendry". Retrieved 6 July 2013. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "BFI | Film & TV Database | GIRL IN THE HEADLINES (1963)". Ftvdb.bfi.org.uk. 16 April 2009. Archived from the original on 14 January 2009. Retrieved 19 June 2014. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "Girl in the Headlines 1963 | Britmovie | Home of British Films". Britmovie. Retrieved 19 June 2014. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)