Giovan Donato Giannoni Alitto
|Bishop of Ruvo|
|Diocese||Diocese of Ruvo|
|Consecration||17 March 1680|
by Francesco Nerli (iuniore)
|Died||1698 (age 62)|
Giovan Donato Giannoni Alitto was born in Bitonto, Italy in 1636. On 11 March 1680, he was appointed during the papacy of Pope Innocent XI as Bishop of Ruvo. On 17 March 1680, he was consecrated bishop by Francesco Nerli (iuniore), Archbishop of Florence, with Stefano Brancaccio, Bishop of Viterbo e Tuscania, and Lorenzo Trotti, Bishop of Pavia, serving as co-consecrators. He served as Bishop of Ruvo until his death in 1698.
- Carolus de Tilly, Bishop of Acerra (1692);
- Francesco Antonio Triveri, Bishop of Andria (1692); and
- Nicola Cirillo, Bishop of Nicastro (1692).
- Ritzler, Remigius; Sefrin, Pirminus (1952). HIERARCHIA CATHOLICA MEDII ET RECENTIORIS AEVI Vol V. Patavii: Messagero di S. Antonio. p. 337. (in Latin)
- "Bishop Giovan Donato Giannoni Alitto" Catholic-Hierarchy.org. David M. Cheney. Retrieved July 18, 2017
- Cheney, David M. "Diocese of Ruvo". Catholic-Hierarchy.org. Retrieved June 16, 2018. (for Chronology of Bishops) [self-published]
- Chow, Gabriel. "Diocese of Ruvo (Italy)". GCatholic.org. Retrieved June 16, 2018. (for Chronology of Bishops) [self-published]
|Catholic Church titles|
| Bishop of Ruvo