|Created by||Zak Bagans|
|No. of seasons||24|
|No. of episodes||231 (plus 49 specials excluded in the list) (list of episodes)|
|Running time||42 minutes|
|Production company||MY Tupelo Entertainment|
|Original network||Travel Channel (2008-2021)|
|Picture format||1080i HDTV|
|Original release||October 17, 2008 –|
|Followed by||Ghost Adventures: Aftershocks (2014–16)|
Ghost Adventures is an American paranormal documentary and reality television series that premiered on October 17, 2008, on the Travel Channel before moving to Discovery+ in 2021. An independent film of the same name originally aired on the Sci-Fi Channel on July 25, 2007. The program follows ghost hunters Zak Bagans, Nick Groff, Aaron Goodwin, Billy Tolley, and Jay Wasley as they investigate locations that are reported to be haunted.
Ghost Adventures began as an independent film, produced in a documentary style. It was filmed in 2004 and produced by 4Reel Productions in 2006. The SciFi Channel premiered 4Reel's Ghost Adventures on July 25, 2007. The documentary centered on the trio's investigation of alleged paranormal activity in and around Virginia City, Nevada, including the Goldfield Hotel in Goldfield, Nevada. The crew returned there during the series' fourth, fifth, and seventh seasons. The series is produced by MY-Tupelo Entertainment (a merger of MY Entertainment and Tupelo-Honey Productions).
This section needs additional citations for verification. (December 2019) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Zak Bagans, Nick Groff (seasons 1–10), Aaron Goodwin, Billy Tolley, and Jay Wasley investigate reportedly haunted locations, hoping to collect visual or auditory evidence of paranormal activity. Each episode begins with the crew touring the investigation site with its owners or caretakers. These introductions typically include Bagans's voice-overs of the site's history as well as interviews with people who claim to have witnessed paranormal phenomena there. On the basis of these interviews, the crew place X's with black or gray tape at the sites of some serious alleged paranormal activity. They later return to these spots in order to set up static night-vision cameras to try and film it happening.
After completing the walk-through, they discuss their strategy, then are locked in the location overnight, which they believe will prevent "audio contamination" and extraneous shadows. They use a variety of equipment, including digital thermometers, electromagnetic field (EMF) meters, handheld digital video cameras, audio recorders, the Ovilus device, point of view cameras, and infrared night-vision cameras in an effort to capture evidence of ghosts. The members sometimes place objects and shout verbal taunts they believe ghosts might move or respond to.
The video and audio collected during each investigation is analyzed after the investigation, and the whole thing is cut down to fit one hour. The most prominent pieces of evidence found are then presented at the appropriate times they happened during the investigation and each one is explained.
During the series, the crew claims to have captured and experienced various Fortean phenomena, which they say include simultaneous equipment malfunctions such as battery drain, voltage spikes, fluctuations in electromagnetic fields, sudden changes in temperature (such as cold spots), unexplained noises, electronic voice phenomena (EVP), and apparitions.
The crew also claim to have recorded spirit possessions on video. Bagans believes that he was possessed at the Preston School of Industry and at Poveglia Island in Italy. Groff claims that he was overtaken by a "dark energy" at the Moon River Brewing Company. Goodwin claims he was "under the influence of a dark spirit" at Bobby Mackey's Music World and Winchester Mystery House. Goodwin is often left alone in the alleged "hotspots" during lockdowns to see how the spirits will react to Goodwin being alone.
- Zak Bagans (2008–present)
- Aaron Goodwin (2008–present)
- Billy Tolley (2009–present)
- Jay Wasley (2009–present)
- Nick Groff (2008–2014)
The following people have appeared as recurring guests in the show as part of the GAC:
- Bill Chappell (2010–2020)
- Mark and Debby Constantino (2008–2014; until their deaths)
Ghost Adventures has involved celebrities who have participated in the investigations or appeared as eyewitnesses:
- The Real Hollywood Ghost Hunters (Kane Hodder, R. A. Mihailoff, and Rick McCallum): "Pico House" episode
- Brendan Schaub – "Peabody-Whitehead Mansion" episode
- Chad Lindberg – "Return to Linda Vista Hospital" episode
- Vince Neil – "The Riviera Hotel" episode
- Jamie Gold – "The Riviera Hotel" episode
- Loretta Lynn – "Loretta Lynn's Plantation House" episode
- Brit Morgan – "Glen Tavern Inn" episode
- Mimi Page – "Glen Tavern Inn" episode
- Post Malone – "The Slaughter House" episode
- Ciaran O'Keeffe – "Hellfire Caves" episode
- Dean Haglund - “Trans-Allegheny Lunatic Asylum” episode
Loren gray Joshua tree inn episode
|First aired||Last aired|
|1||8||October 17, 2008||December 5, 2008|
|2||8||June 5, 2009||July 24, 2009|
|3||10||November 6, 2009||January 8, 2010|
|4||27||September 17, 2010||June 10, 2011|
|5||10||September 23, 2011||December 16, 2011|
|6||9||March 9, 2012||July 20, 2012|
|7||18||September 14, 2012||April 19, 2013|
|8||11||August 16, 2013||November 15, 2013|
|9||13||February 15, 2014||July 12, 2014|
|10||11||October 4, 2014||March 7, 2015|
|11||11||August 22, 2015||November 7, 2015|
|12||13||January 30, 2016||August 6, 2016|
|13||13||September 24, 2016||January 14, 2017|
|14||11||March 25, 2017||July 15, 2017|
|15||11||September 23, 2017||January 13, 2018|
|16||9||March 24, 2018||July 14, 2018|
|17||6||November 3, 2018||December 8, 2018|
|18||13||February 23, 2019||July 20, 2019|
|19||15||November 2, 2019||May 14, 2020|
|20||11||November 5, 2020||April 30, 2021|
In the Halloween special titled Ghost Adventures Live, which was broadcast from the Trans-Allegheny Lunatic Asylum on October 30, 2009, controversy arose when Robert Bess, inventor of the Parabot Containment Chamber (said to attract and empower spirits using energy, giving them form), claims to have had an EMF meter knocked violently out of his hands. However, upon investigation of the video, it was found that he had actually thrown it. In the November 6, 2009, follow-up Ghost Adventures Live: Post Mortem, hosts Bagans and Groff reviewed the video and concluded that they couldn't claim any paranormal explanation for the incident.
Ghost Adventures: Aftershocks
Ghost Adventures: Aftershocks is a series that premiered on Saturday April 26, 2014, on the Travel Channel. There were 13 episodes announced for the first season and second season. Zak Bagans interviews former Ghost Adventures interviewees to find out how their lives have changed since those GAC "lockdowns"/investigations from the past. Any new audio and/or video evidence that wasn't shown before, in previous Ghost Adventures episodes, are also revealed.
Ghost Adventures: Serial Killer Spirits
Ghost Adventures: Screaming Room!
Ghost Adventures: Screaming Room! premiered on January 2, 2020, with Zak, Aaron, Jay and Billy opening up to viewers in their screening room (a.k.a. "screaming room") to watch their favorite episodes.
Ghost Adventures: Quarantine
Ghost Adventures: Quarantine premiered on June 11, 2020. The series aired as a four part miniseries featuring Zak and the crew locked inside his Haunted Museum for 10 days during the 2020 Coronavirus pandemic. The first episode of this miniseries started filming during the start of Nevada state lockdown on March 30. It was titled "Perimeter of Fear" where GAC investigated the Jack Kevorkian van room where women have fainted, the Natalie Wood room and a display of haunted dolls.
Paranormal Challenge is a competitive paranormal reality show that premiered on June 17, 2011, on the Travel Channel, with one season aired to date. The show is hosted by Zak Bagans, who challenges ghost hunters from around the United States to go head-to-head in a weekly competition to gather paranormal evidence by spending a night in reportedly haunted locations in the United States.
Deadly Possessions (also known as Ghost Adventures: Artifacts) is a series that premiered on April 2, 2016, on the Travel Channel. The series aired one season and features Zak Bagans as he gathers artifacts for his new museum in Las Vegas, Nevada. The show reveals the dark history of the items, as well as associated paranormal claims.
Ghost Adventures is currently on air at the following countries and channels:
- Australia on A&E Australia, Foxtel Go
- Canada on DTour
- United Kingdom on Really
- Italy on AXN Sci Fi and DMAX
- Poland on FOKUS TV
- France on Planète+ A&E – CStar
- Spain on Mega
- Germany on A&E Germany
- Netherlands on Spike
- Belgium on Spike
- Czech Republic on Prima ZOOM
- United States on Discovery+ (2021–present)
- Philippines on Travel Channel – Sky Cable and Cignal PH
- South Africa on Travel Channel – DStv
- Thailand on TrueVisions
- New Zealand on The Learning Channel
Home media releases
- "Old Washoe Club & Chollar Mine". Ghost Adventures. Season 3. Episode 6. December 4, 2009. Travel Channel.
- Weisman, Jon (March 24, 2010). "MY-Tupelo scores orders". Variety. Penske Media Corporation.
- Eric Olsen (October 3, 2011). "Stalking Spirits with Ghost Adventures' Aaron Goodwin". The Morton Report.
- Moye, David (July 26, 2010). "Haunted Hotel Spooks 'Ghost Adventures' Stars". AOL News. AOL. Archived from the original on September 2, 2018.
- Harris, Franklin (January 28, 2010). "Be a paranormal investigator". TimesDaily and the Decatur Daily. Alabama: Tennessee Valley Printing Co. Retrieved February 16, 2010.
- "'Ghost Adventures' TV couple Mark and Debby Constantino found dead in apparent murder-suicide". The Independent. October 5, 2015. Retrieved November 5, 2020.
- "Ghost Adventures Aftershocks Home Page". Ghosr Adventures Crew. Archived from the original on May 23, 2014. Retrieved October 25, 2014.
- "Zak Bagans' New Book I Am Haunted Scaring Up Your Shelf Soon!". Dread Central. Retrieved October 25, 2014.
- "Lockdown with Travel Channel's New Four-Part Miniseries "Ghost Adventures: Quarantine," Beginning Thursday, June 11 at 9 P.M. ET/PT". The Futon Critic. May 4, 2020.
- "About the Show Paranormal Challenge". Travel Channel. Archived from the original on October 27, 2011.
- "Zak Bagans' 'Deadly Possessions'". Travel Channel. Retrieved April 4, 2016.
- With Foxtel having their own online catchup service called Foxtel GO
|Wikiquote has quotations related to: Ghost Adventures|