|Full name||George Hugo|
As of 28 March 2019
Hugo made his first grade debut for Manly-Warringah in 1952. In 1957, Manly reached their second grand final against St George. Hugo played on the wing in the match as St George outclassed Manly to win 31-9. In 1958, Manly made the finals again but failed to reach the grand final.
In 1959, Manly reached their third grand final and once again the opponents were St George. A week earlier in the preliminary final, Hugo scored the winning try for Manly as they defeated Western Suburbs 14-13. Hugo played on the wing in the grand final as St George kept Manly scoreless winning their 4th straight premiership 20-0.
- "Warren Simmons - Career Stats & Summary - Rugby League Project". Rugbyleagueproject.org.
- "George Hugo".
- "Origins of Manly Warringah". soaringseaeagles.
- "Stats: Things you didn't know about NRL grand finals over 104 years of rugby league history". www.foxsports.com.au.
- "Dragons Win 1957 Premiership!". www.dragons.com.au.
- "Loyal Manly Sea Eagles member Jeff Collerson furious over dumped legend Peter "Zorba" Peters". www.couriermail.com.au.
|This Australian rugby league football biography is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|