Geoffrey de Melville
|Noble family||Melville family|
Melville is known to be acting as Sheriff of Edinburgh in 1153 during the reign of King Malcolm IV of Scotland. Geoffrey was also joint Justiciar of Lothian from 1170 during the reign of King William I of Scotland.
Marriage and issue
- Gregory de Melville (died 1178), had issue.
- Phillip de Melville, had issue.
- Geoffrey de Melville
- Thomas de Melville
- Robert de Melville
- Hugh de Melville
- Richard de Melville
- Walter de Melville, had issue.
- Also Galfrid de Melvill or Malevill
- Burke, John. Burke's Genealogical and Heraldic History of Peerage, Baronetage and Knightage, Volume 30. Burke's Peerage Limited, 1868.
- Fraser, William. The Melvilles: Earls of Melville and the Leslies, Earls of Leven. Volume 1. 1890.