Digby has been a Senior Fellow of the Law school of Melbourne University since 2005. He has lectured in the Masters course in International Construction Law and International Construction Law from 2002 to 2012.
Digby was entitled to practise law in the Australian jurisdictions of Victoria, New South Wales, the Northern Territory, the Australian Capital Territory, Queensland, South Australia, Tasmania and Western Australia. He was also entitled to practice law in Ireland as a barrister of King's Inns.
Digbys built a reputation as a leading commercial barrister specialising in building and construction industry matters. He has appeared in numerous large and complex proceedings and arbitrations across Australia and has worked as an international commercial arbitrator.
Digby was awarded a Royal Humane Society Award for Bravery. He has served in the Royal Australian Navy Reserve. He has been a volunteer with the Brotherhood of St Laurence and a foundation supporter and current patron of the non-profit exhibition and theatre space fortyfivedownstairs.
- "CURRICULUM VITAE JOHN DIGBY QC" (PDF). Devers List - Barristers Contact Details. Devers List. Retrieved 22 November 2012.
- "Welcome to the Hon Justice Digby 5/12/2012 9:15 AM Banco Court". Supreme Court of Victoria Web Site. Supreme Court of Victoria. Retrieved 5 December 2012.[permanent dead link]
- "The New silks: 1993". Victoria Bar News. Summer 1993 (87). 1993.
- "Past Chairman - John Digby QC". Victorian Bar. Archived from the original on 21 March 2012. Retrieved 22 November 2012.
- "CommBar News Mar 28, 2012" (PDF). Commercial Bar Association - Victoria. Retrieved 22 November 2012.
- "New appointment to the Supreme Court". Premier of Victoria Web Site. Premier of Victoria. Retrieved 22 November 2012.
- "Melbourne University Law Masters Academic Staff". Melbourne University. Melbourne University. Archived from the original on 3 December 2012. Retrieved 22 November 2012.
- "Commercial Bar Association of Victoria - President". Commercial Bar Association of Victoria. Retrieved 22 November 2012.
- "Supreme Court of Victoria - Judges - History". Supreme Court of Victoria. Archived from the original on 18 November 2012. Retrieved 22 November 2012.
- "fortyfivedownstairs - supporters". Archived from the original on 26 November 2012. Retrieved 22 November 2012.