Jay Gayne Rescher
December 19, 1924
|Died||February 29, 2008 (aged 83)|
|Parent(s)||Jay Rescher (father) |
Jean Tolley (mother)
Rescher was born in New York City. His father Jay Rescher was a cinematographer and union organizer, and his mother Jean Tolley was a silent film actress. For at least some of his youth, he and his family lived on Long Island. After high school, Gayne, served in World War II as a fighter pilot. He studied to be an actor at the American Theater School.
Personal life and final years
Rescher was married three times. His first wife was Ottilie Kruger, daughter of actor Otto Kruger. His second wife was Darlene Keane, who died of lung cancer. His third wife was Gail Ferguson. He had three daughters (Gaye Rescher Ribble, DeeDee Rescher and Deborah Jean Rescher Miller) and two grandchildren.
- Murder, Inc. (1960)
- Rachel, Rachel (1968)
- A New Leaf (1971)
- Norman, Is That You? (1976)
- Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan (1982)
- The Third Girl from the Left (1973)
- The Great Niagara (1974)
- Sarah T. - Portrait of a Teenage Alcoholic (1975)
- Dummy (1979)
- Angel on My Shoulder (1980)
- The Princess and the Cabbie (1981)
- Honeyboy (1982)
- The Day After (1983) [DP]
- Love Among Thieves (1987)
- Windmills of the Gods (1988)
- Get Smart, Again! (1989)
- "Jay Gayne Rescher (1924–2008)". ancientfaces.com. Retrieved 21 September 2015.
- Eder, Richard (September 30, 1976). "Movie Review Norman... Is That You? (1976)". The New York Times. Retrieved April 5, 2009.
- Makela, Bob (1 March 2008). "Award-winning Cinematographer Gayne Rescher Dies". Emmys.com. Academy of Television Arts & Sciences. Retrieved 21 September 2015.
- "Cinematographer Gayne Rescher dies". Variety. 14 March 2008. Retrieved 21 September 2015.
- "Gayne Rescher in the 1940 Census". archives.com. Retrieved 21 September 2015.
- "Obituaries". Los Angeles Times. Retrieved 21 September 2015.
|This article about an American cinematographer is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|