|Full name||Garry Hill|
|Date of birth||15 October 1959|
|Place of birth||England|
|1997–1999||St Albans City|
|1999–2004||Dagenham & Redbridge|
|2007–2009||Rushden & Diamonds|
Garry Hill is an English football manager who was last the manager of National League club Ebbsfleet United. He previously managed Woking Heybridge Swifts, St Albans City, Dagenham & Redbridge, Hornchurch, Weymouth and Rushden & Diamonds.
Hill began his non-league managerial career with Heybridge Swifts where he took the village team to the Isthmian Premier and the FA Cup first round for the first time.
St Albans City
Dagenham & Redbridge
He led the club to the Isthmian League title and promotion to the Conference in his first season in charge. The following season, Hill's side finished third in the Conference and took Premiership Charlton Athletic to a replay in the Third Round of the FA Cup. They again reached the FA Cup Third Round in the 2001-02 season, losing 4-1 to Ipswich Town after taking the lead, and finished second in the Conference, missing promotion to the Football League on goal difference. The following season saw another run in the FA Cup, beating Plymouth Argyle after a replay in the Third Round before losing 1-0 to Norwich City thanks to an injury time goal. Their league form was not particularly good until the latter stages of the season when they won eleven consecutive games and qualified for the play-off final, losing 3-2 in extra-time to Doncaster Rovers. The 2003-04 season was not a success and Hill resigned soon after a 9-0 defeat at home to Hereford United late in the season.
In May 2004 he took over as manager of ambitious Isthmian League side Hornchurch, but left shortly after the club went into administration in January 2005 after their owners, the Carthium Group ceased trading. At the time the club were top of the table and had been dubbed the 'non-league Chelsea' due to their extravagant spending on players from higher level clubs.
Hill took over as manager of Weymouth on 22 March 2005 and led them to promotion to the Conference at the end of the following season. On 21 October 2006, Hill was rushed to hospital in Dorchester after suffering chest pains near the end of Weymouth's Conference game with Rushden & Diamonds. Tests revealed no heart problems and he returned to the club after a short period of rest. In January 2007, Hill, and his assistant Kevin Hales, were sacked by Weymouth, following the announcement of a major restructuring of the club, which saw the entire first-team squad placed on the transfer-list in order to cut unsustainable costs at the club.
Rushden & Diamonds
In February 2007 Hill was appointed as the manager of Rushden & Diamonds following the dismissal of Graham Westley. In September 2007 Hill was involved in an incident after a 1-1 draw with Salisbury City. For head-butting Salisbury assistant manager Tommy Widdrington, Hill received a two-week suspension and a 10-game touchline ban from the FA. On 10 February 2009, Hill resigned as manager of Rushden & Diamonds.
Hill was appointed manager of Woking on 20 January 2011. Woking finished the 2010–2011 season in 5th place in the Conference South, and finished the 2011–2012 season in 1st, winning promotion to the Conference Premier.
- As of match played 27 April 2019
|St Albans City||20 May 1997||1 July 1999||101||43||29||29||42.57|
|Dagenham & Redbridge||1 July 1999||1 March 2004||240||129||47||64||53.75|||
|Hornchurch||1 May 2004||24 January 2005||34||16||8||10||47.06|
|Weymouth||22 March 2005||9 January 2007||84||52||10||22||61.90|||
|Rushden & Diamonds||26 February 2007||10 February 2009||108||40||30||38||37.04|||
|Woking||20 January 2011||4 May 2017||323||146||65||112||45.20|||
|Ebbsfleet United||8 November 2018||Present||30||12||9||9||40.00|||
- Heybridge Swifts
- Isthmian League Division One North: 1995–96 (promotion)
- Dagenham & Redbridge
- Isthmian League Premier Division: 1999–2000
- Conference South: 2005–06
- "Hill to take the Terras hotseat". Daily Echo. 22 March 2005. Archived from the original on 11 October 2007. Retrieved 2007-02-26.
- "Hill discharged from hospital". confguide. 24 October 2006. Archived from the original on 27 September 2007. Retrieved 26 February 2007.
- "Hill and Hales sacked by Weymouth". BBC Sport. 9 January 2007. Retrieved 10 February 2009.
- "Weymouth's first-team up for sale". BBC Sport. 10 January 2007. Retrieved 10 February 2009.
- "Diamonds unveil Hill as new boss". BBC Sport. 26 February 2007. Retrieved 26 February 2007.
- "Rushden boss Hill suspended by FA". BBC Sport. 5 October 2007. Retrieved 5 October 2007.
- "Garry Hill quits as Diamonds manager". Northampton Chronicle. Johnston Press Digital Publishing. 10 February 2009. Retrieved 10 February 2009.
- "Dagenham & Redbridge FC: Matches". Soccerway. Perform Group. Retrieved 23 March 2019.
- "Weymouth FC: Matches". Soccerway. Perform Group. Retrieved 23 March 2019.
- "Rushden & Diamonds: Matches". Soccerway. Perform Group. Retrieved 23 March 2019.
- "Woking FC: Matches". Soccerway. Perform Group. Retrieved 23 March 2019.
- "Ebbsfleet United FC: Matches". Soccerway. Perform Group. Retrieved 23 March 2019.
- Garry Hill at Soccerbase