Gare de Perpignan
|Location||1 place Salvador-Dalí |
66000 Perpignan France
|Owned by||RFF / SNCF|
|Parking||Yes (at Parking Perpignan Centre Del Mon–EFFIA)|
|Opened||12 July 1858|
Perpignan station (French: Gare de Perpignan) is the railway station serving the city of Perpignan, Pyrénées-Orientales department, Occitanie, southern France. Part of the station was decorated in the style of Salvador Dalí, for whom the place held special significance, having proclaimed it to be the "Centre of the Universe" after experiencing a vision of cosmogonic ecstasy there in 1963 and made a painting called La Gare de Perpignan in 1965.
The station opened in 1858 and is located on the Narbonne–Portbou railway, LGV Perpignan–Figueres and Perpignan–Villefranche-de-Conflent railway. The station is served by TGV, Intercités and TER services operated by SNCF.
The following services currently call at Perpignan:
- High speed services (TGV) Paris–Nîmes–Montpellier–Béziers–Perpignan–Barcelona
- High speed services (TGV) Paris–Nîmes–Montpellier–Béziers–Perpignan
- High speed services (AVE) Lyon–Nîmes–Montpellier–Béziers–Perpignan–Barcelona
- High speed services (TGV) Toulouse–Carcassonne–Perpignan–Barcelona
- High speed services (AVE) Marseille–Nîmes–Montpellier–Béziers–Perpignan–Barcelona–Madrid
- Night services (Intercités de nuit) Paris–Limoges–Narbonne–Portbou
- Express service (TER Occitanie) Cerbère–Perpignan–Narbonne–Béziers–Montpellier–Nîmes–Avignon
- Local service (TER Occitanie) Cerbère–Perpignan–Narbonne
- Local service (TER Occitanie) Villefranche-Vernet-les-Bains–Perpignan
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Perpignan train station.|
- Coppens, Philip. "Salvador Dalí: painting the fourth dimension". Retrieved 18 June 2012.
- Timetables TER Languedoc-Roussillon (in French)
|This article about a railway station in the Occitanie région of France is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|