Gabriele Tinti at Queens Museum of Art in 2013
|Born||18 December 1979|
Gabriele Tinti has worked with the J. Paul Getty Museum, the Metropolitan Museum of Art, the British Museum, the Los Angeles County Museum of Art, the National Roman Museum, the Capitoline Museums, The Ara Pacis, the National Archaeological Museum, Naples and the Glyptothek of Munich composing poems for ancient works of art including the Boxer at Rest, the Discobolus, Arundel Head, the Ludovisi Gaul, the Victorious Youth, the Farnese Hercules, the Hercules by Scopas, the Elgin marbles from the Parthenon, the Barberini Faun,the Doryphoros  and many other masterpieces.
From 2016 to 2018 he composed some poems inspired by Giorgio de Chirico’s masterpieces with mythological subjects. His works have been read at the Metropolitan Museum of Art and the Peggy Guggenheim Collection by the actor Burt Young, at the Museum of Modern Art in New York by the actor Vincent Piazza and at the Museo del Novecento in Milan by Alessandro Haber.
In the same year he extended his poetic work inspired by masterpieces of art to Renaissance painting, with a reading at the Pinacoteca di Brera and the Galleria di Palazzo Spinola, working again with the actor Alessandro Haber.
In 2019 he worked with the two time Oscar winner Kevin Spacey. After having returned to the stage with the video ‘Let me be Frank’, which attracted millions of views, on August 2nd Spacey read four of Tinti’s poems inspired by the Boxer at Rest in front of a large crowd that gathered at the National Roman Museum in Palazzo Massimo, where the statue is located.  The official video was released the next day on Tinti's YouTube channel.
His work focuses on the subject of death and suffering and is mainly composed in the form of lucid and epigrammatic poetry. The humanity sung in his writings is the dramatic life of boxers, suicides, defeated heroes and the disabled.
List of works
- Last words. Milano - New York: Skira Rizzoli. 2016. ISBN 9788857229874. (Poetry)
- All over (Mimesis edizioni ed.). Milano: Mimesis Publishing. 2013. ISBN 9788857519357. (Poetry)
- Ring: The Means of Illusion. Berlin: Revolver. 2012. ISBN 9783868952360. (Essays)
- The Way of the Cross. Turin-London-Venice-New York: Allemandi&C. 2011. ISBN 9788842220923. (Poetry)
- New York Shots. Turin-London-Venice-New York: Allemandi&C. 2011. ISBN 9788842219996. (Essays)
- 2019 Riace bronzes, Treccani with Robert Davi
- 2019 Polyhymnia, Treccani, with Marton Csokas
- 2019 Anacreon, Treccani, with Marton Csokas
- 2019 Theseus, Treccani, with Marton Csokas
- 2019 Icarus, Treccani, with Marton Csokas
- 2019 The boxer, National Roman Museum, with Kevin Spacey
- 2019 Il Cantore, Rai, with Alessandro Haber
- 2019 Doryphorus, Treccani, with Robert Davi
- 2019 Apollo, Treccani with Robert Davi
- 2019 Hercules, Treccani, with Robert Davi
- 2019 Hesiod, Treccani, with Robert Davi
- 2019 Hermes, Treccani, Los Angeles County Museum of Art, with Robert Davi
- 2019 Tyrannicides, Treccani, with Robert Davi
- 2019 The Battle of Alexander, Treccani, with Robert Davi
- 2019 Runners Treccani, with Robert Davi
- 2018 Apollo, Rai, with Alessandro Haber
- 2018 The boxer, Rai, with Alessandro Haber
- 2017 The poet, Rai, with Alessandro Haber
- 2017 Ruins, Rai, with Alessandro Haber
- 2016 Hercules, Los Angeles County Museum of Art with Joe Mantegna
- 2016 The nostalgia of the poet, Rai, with Alessandro Haber
- 2016 Idols, masks, Glyptotheque with Hans Kremer
- 2015 The boxer– Part II, J. Paul Getty Museum, with Robert Davi
- 2015 The boxer – Part I, J. Paul Getty Museum, with Robert Davi
- System. "Franco Nero legge 'Il Pugile' di Gabriele Tinti". www.beniculturali.it. Retrieved 9 May 2019.
- Ministry of Cultural Heritage and Activities and Tourism (Italy)
- http://blogs.getty.edu/iris/poem-for-a-victorious-athlete/ Getty Museum | 2015-09-08
- "Giving Life to Hercules: Q&A with Gabriele Tinti and Joe Mantegna - Unframed". unframed.lacma.org. Retrieved 9 May 2019.
- "60 Top Anatol Yusef Reads Poets Warriors By Gabriele Tinti At The British Museum Pictures, Photos, & Images - Getty Images". www.gettyimages.co.uk. Retrieved 9 May 2019.
- Los Angeles County Museum of Art (2 June 2016). "Event /// Hercules: Dramatic Reading of Gabriele Tinti's poem by Joe Mantegna". Retrieved 9 May 2019 – via YouTube.
- "All Over by Gabriele Tinti". Moving Poems. Retrieved 9 May 2019.
- http://blogs.getty.edu/iris/poem-for-a-boxer-at-rest/ Getty Museum | 2015-09-08
- "The Munich Doryphoros: Venerated—Suppressed—Forgotten AND Poetry Reading by Marton Csokas of poetry by Gabriele Tinti". Legion of Honor. 30 January 2018. Retrieved 9 May 2019.
- "Marton Csokas and Gabriele Tinti". Getty Images. 18 May 2019. Retrieved 30 July 2019.
- Federazione Pugilistica Italiana (17 April 2014). "Franco Nero legge "Il Pugile" di Gabriele Tinti". Retrieved 9 May 2019 – via YouTube.
- "Kevin Spacey and writer Gabriele Tinti". Getty Images. 2 August 2018. Retrieved 2 August 2019.
- "Kevin Spacey reads poem at rome museum". Hollywood Reporter. 2 August 2019. Retrieved 2 August 2019.
- Kevin Spacey reads The Boxer, official video
- "Poetry, Translation, and "Spectacles of Suffering": An Interview with Gabriele Tinti – Vol. 1 Brooklyn". vol1brooklyn.com. Retrieved 9 May 2019.
- "Poetry by Gabriele Tinti - InTranslation". intranslation.brooklynrail.org. Retrieved 9 May 2019.
- "Artbook". artbook.com. Retrieved 30 July 2019.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Gabriele Tinti (poet).|