Gabriela Pichler at the 48th Guldbagge Awards.
Gabriela Katarina Pichler
11 March 1980
|Occupation||Film director, screenwriter|
|Eat Sleep Die (2012)|
Pichler and her family moved from Stockholm to Örkelljunga when she was eight years old. Her mother, Ruzica Pichler, is from Bosnia and her father is from Austria. Her mother plays one of the roles in her 2012 feature film debut Eat Sleep Die. Pichler attended Öland's documentary school and School of Film Directing in Gothenburg.
In 2010, she received a Guldbagge Award at the 45th Guldbagge Awards, in the category for Best Short film for Scratches (Skrapsår), which was her thesis at the School of Film Directing. The same year she received the Bo Widerberg Scholarship.
Pichler's first feature film, Eat Sleep Die, premiered in Sweden on 5 October 2012. The film won the Audience Award in International Film Critics' Week at the 69th Venice International Film Festival. Pichler was awarded two Guldbagge Awards at the 48th Guldbagge Awards for her work on the film; Best Directing and Best Screenplay. The film was also awarded in the category Best Film. For the film, she was also awarded the Jan Myrdal Society's little literary prize "Robespierrepriset" on 13 April 2013 in Varberg.
- "En debut med lyskraft" (in Swedish). Sydsvenskan. Retrieved 22 January 2013.
- "Hej, vi finns här också" (in Swedish). Dagens Arbete. Retrieved 22 January 2013.
- "Guldbagge till Gabriela Pichler" (in Swedish). Sveriges Radio. 25 January 2010. Archived from the original on 25 December 2012. Retrieved 26 January 2010.
- "Äta sova dö vinnare i Venedig" (in Swedish). Göteborgsposten. Archived from the original on 10 September 2012. Retrieved 5 October 2012.
- "Vinnare & Nominerade" (in Swedish). Guldbaggen. Retrieved 22 January 2013.
- "Jan Myrdals tal till Maj Sjöwall och Gabriela Pichler vid prisutdelningen" (in Swedish). Jan Myrdal Society. Retrieved April 21, 2013.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Gabriela Pichler.|
|This biographical article related to film in Sweden is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|