Afolayan at the audition for Ojuju in 2013
|Born||March 1, 1985|
|Occupation||Actor, singer |
|Years active||1997 - present |
|Parent(s)||Adeyemi Afolayan (father)|
|Relatives||Moji Afolayan (sister)|
Kunle Afolayan (brother)
Aremu Afolayan (brother)
He studied Theatre Arts at University of Ibadan. He is part of the renowned Afolayan entertainment family that comprises Ade Love, Moji Afolayan, Kunle Afolayan and Aremu Afolayan. As an actor, he won the Best Supporting Actor award for playing "Tavier Jambari" in Hoodrush (2012). As a musician, he is known mostly for "Awelewa" and "Kokoro Ife". In an interview with The Punch, he described his musical genre as "Love ballad". Afolayan's acting debut was in F Opawon by Baba Sala. In an interview with Nigerian Tribune, he stated that his music career started in 1997, while he was part of a group in Ibadan. He also stated that he has always been part of the choir. He has cited 2face, Banky W., Aṣa and Bez as influences.
He rose to fame, playing the role “Akin” in a Super Story Series titled NNENNA.
- Gold Statue
- Madam Dearest
- Ija Okan
- Heroes and Zeros
- 7 Inch Curve
- Okafor's Law
- Citation (film)
- Closet (TV Series)
- Tomi has a gun
- "Kokoro Ife"
- "Plug it"
- "Kpasi Kona"
- "Kokoro Ife"
|2013||Africa Movie Academy Awards||Best Supporting Actor||Hoodrush||Won|
|Nollywood Movies Awards||Best Actor in a Supporting Role||Nominated|
|Best Actor in a Leading Role||First Cause||Nominated|
|2019||Africa Magic Viewers' Choice Awards||Actor of the year nominee||Coming From Insanity||Nominated|
|Intellects Awards||Best Actor (Male)||Nominated|
|Africa Movie Academy Awards (AMAA)||Best actor in a leading role||Gold Statue||Nominated|
|International Film Festival (AIFF)||Outstanding Actor at the Abuja||Gold Statue||Won|
- "Hoodrush tapped into my singing, acting talent – Afolayan". dailyindependentnig.com. Archived from the original on 27 June 2015. Retrieved 23 September 2014.
- "Why I made a u-turn into the music industry —Afolayan". Nigerian Tribune. tribune.com.ng. Archived from the original on 10 May 2013. Retrieved 23 September 2014.
- Tersoo, Andrella (2018-08-02). "Impressive facts from biography of Gabriel Afolayan". Legit.ng - Nigeria news. Retrieved 2019-12-09.
- "I didn't attack the media in Heroes and Zeros – Gabriel Afolayan". The Daily Independent (Lagos). dailyindependentnig.com. Archived from the original on 26 October 2014. Retrieved 23 September 2014.
- "Gabriel Afolayan turns musician, drops single". Vanguard (Nigeria). vanguardngr.com. Retrieved 23 September 2014.
- "I didn't steal anybody's song — Gabriel Afolayan". punchng.com. Archived from the original on 26 October 2014. Retrieved 23 September 2014.
- "I Will Like To Work With Chris Brown internationally…" Interview With Gabriel Afolayan". Retrieved 23 September 2014.
- "Ade Love's name opens doors for me – Gabriel Afolayan". modernghana.com. Retrieved 23 September 2014.
- "Gabriel Afolayan Releases Kokoro Ife (Love Bug) Music Video". thenigerianvoice.com. Retrieved 23 September 2014.
- "2020 AMVCA: Check out the full nominees' list". Pulse Nigeria. 2020-02-07. Retrieved 2020-10-10.
- Burnaron. "Full list of Nominee for The Intellects Awards 2019 TIAWARDS2019". NetReporters Ng. Retrieved 2020-10-10.
- "AMAA 2019 Nominees Announcement". ama-awards.com. Retrieved 2020-10-10.
- PositiveNaija, Author (2019-10-27). "Winners Of 2019 Abuja International Film Festival (AIFF)". PositiveNaija. Retrieved 2020-10-10.
|This article about a Nigerian actor is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|