This article may require cleanup to meet Wikipedia's quality standards. The specific problem is: Citation format for at least 7 cites (March 2019) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
G. Satheesh Reddy
|Alma mater||Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University, Anantapur|
Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University, Hyderabad
|Missiles & Strategic Systems|
|Awards||2019 AIAA Missile Systems Award  2015 RAeS Silver Medal 2016 National Design Award, 2016 National Aeronautical Prize, 2015 National Systems Gold Medal, 2013 Homi J Bhabha Memorial Gold Medal |
Dr G. Satheesh Reddy is an Indian Aerospace Scientist and the current Chairman of Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) and Secretary, Department of Defence R&D, Government of India and Director General, Aeronautical Development Agency (ADA). In June 2015 he was also appointed as a scientific adviser to the defence minister of India. Satheesh presently heads Dr APJ Abdul Kalam Missile Complex. Satheesh is the Chief Architect of India's Mission Shakti Anti Satellite Missile Test (ASAT) and led the entire launch operations. An acclaimed navigation specialist, Reddy personally led the development of systems that guide a missile, itself travelling at hypersonic velocity, to a satellite 300 km away that is travelling through space at almost 30,000 km per hour and achieved a direct hit with centimeters of accuracy.
Satheesh had served as Director of the Research Centre Imarat a key laboratory of Dr APJ Abdul Kalam Missile Complex, Defence Research and Development Organisation and an advanced centre for design, development and delivery of avionics systems for missiles and other applications. Reddy pioneered many technological developments for Indian Missiles and has made significant contributions towards the successful flight testing of the country's first intercontinental ballistic missile, the Agni-V. He has made significant contributions to indigenous design and development of missile technologies and avionics.. He has been the major contributor towards the towards the formulation of many national policies and pivotal in evolving roadmap for self-sufficiency in Missiles. As Director General, Missiles and Strategic Systems (DG, MSS), he has spearheaded Dr APJ Abdul Kalam Missile Complex Laboratories worked for complete self-sufficiency in Missiles and initiated many new projects to equip Armed forces with state-of-the-art weapons and technologies. Reddy is the brain behind the mission critical technologies for Long Range Agni-5 missile. 
Satheesh is a fellow of the Royal Institute of Navigation in London, the first from India. He is a fellow of the Royal Aeronautical Society, a foreign member of the Academy of Navigation and Motion Control, Russia, a fellow of the Indian National Academy of Engineering and an honorary fellow of the Computer Society of India and Sensors Research Society.
Satheesh received the Homi J. Bhabha Memorial Award of the Indian Science Congress Association for 2013–14. In 2015 he was the first Indian recipient of the Silver Medal of the Royal Aeronautical Society. He has also been conferred with the Mokshagundam Visvesvaraya Award of the Institution of Engineers (India).
As a navigation expert, Satheesh made significant contributions to Indian Defence programmes and has won the Young Scientist Award, DRDO Scientist of the Year Award and the Agni Award for Excellence in Self-reliance as a team leader for development of ring laser gyro-based inertial navigation system. He is also a recipient of National Aeronautical Prize and National Design Award.
Reddy was chosen for the first Institution of Engineers - Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (United States) joint award for engineering excellence. American Institute of Aeronautics and Astronautics (AIAA), one of the world’s largest and reputed aerospace technical societies conferred the prestigious Missile Systems Award for the year 2019 on Satheesh. The award recognizes excellence in developing and implementing missile systems technology and for inspired leadership of missile systems programmes. Sathesh is highly regarded as the Chief Architect of advanced Missile technologies and Smart Guided Weapons in India. The citation read that Satheesh was selected for his over three decades of significant national contributions toward indigenous design, development, and deployment of diversified strategic and tactical missile systems, guided weapons, advanced avionics, and navigation technologies in India. He is the first Indian to be conferred with this Award.
- "Nellore celebrates award to Satheesh Reddy". The Hindu. Retrieved 29 January 2016.
- Rajasekhar, Pathri (26 August 2018). "Satheesh Reddy appointed as new DRDO chairman". Deccan Chronicle.
- "Missile Systems Award Recipients".
- "Prestigious Award for Defence Scientist G Satheesh Reddy". NDTV. 12 September 2015. Retrieved 29 January 2016.
- "REeS Silver Medal for Satheesh Reddy". The New Indian Express. Retrieved 29 January 2016.
- "Satheesh Reddy conferred with national design award". The Hindu Business Line. 18 December 2017.
- "Telugu man selected as new DRDO chief". The Hans India.
- "Fellows – ISSE". isseindia.co.in.
- "Twin joy at Research Centre Imarat". The Hindu. 28 August 2018.
- "DRDO Chairman G Satheesh Reddy visits SRM AP". The Hans India. 11 January 2019.
- "Dr G. Satheesh Reddy Takes Over as 12th SA to RM". Press Information Bureau. 4 June 2015. Retrieved 20 September 2015.
- "Satheesh Reddy to receive prestigious National Design Award". www.aninews.in.
- Somasekhar, M. "Two 'Shaktis' — many similarities, some contrasts". @businessline.
- "The mastermind behind India's Star Wars". Rediff.
- "Defence labs' key role in success of Agni-V". The Hindu. 21 April 2012.
- "Missile Complex in Hyderabad Renamed After Former President Abdul Kalam". ndtv.com.
- "Missile Complex ready with best birthday present for Dr Kalam". Oneindia. Retrieved 29 January 2016.
- "Saurav Jha's Blog : Seeking the future: An interview with Dr G Satheesh Reddy, Director Research Centre Imarat". IBNLive. Retrieved 29 January 2016.
- "Honour for DRDO scientist - Telangana". The Hindu. 30 April 2015. Retrieved 20 September 2015.
- "Christopher DRDO Chief; Satheesh Reddy Scientific Advisor to Defence Minister". Oneindia. Retrieved 29 January 2016.
- "Youngsters behind Agni-IV success". IBNLive. Retrieved 29 January 2016.
- "DRDO Chairman Dr G Satheesh Reddy adds another award to his credit". 2 March 2019.
- "Satheesh Reddy conferred fellowship of Royal Aeronautical Society | Business Line". Business Line. 30 October 2014. Retrieved 20 September 2015.
- "Honour for Research Centre Imarat scientist". The Hindu. Retrieved 29 January 2016.
- Feb 7, Ch Sushil Rao | TNN | Updated:; 2019; Ist, 20:12. "Small satellites bring in new revolution: DRDO chairman Satheesh Reddy - India News - Times of India". The Times of India.CS1 maint: extra punctuation (link)
- "Honour for DRDO centre chief". The Hindu. Retrieved 29 January 2016.
- "Homi Bhaba award for Satheesh Reddy |". Odishasuntimes.com. Retrieved 20 September 2015.
- "Scientific adviser to defence minister G Satheesh Reddy gets prestigious award - The Economic Times". Economictimes.indiatimes.com. 14 September 2015. Retrieved 20 September 2015.
- "Satheesh Reddy Conferred with Visvesvaraya Award". The New Indian Express. 16 September 2015. Retrieved 20 September 2015.
- "DRDO Scientistof the Year Award". The Hindu. 4 June 2011.
- "DRDO scientists bag awards". The Hindu. 8 July 2007.
- "Another feather in the cap". The Hindu. Retrieved 29 January 2016.
- "DRDO Chairman wins missile systems award". 3 March 2019 – via www.thehindu.com.
- Somasekhar, M. "DRDO chief Satheesh Reddy conferred Missile Systems Award by AIAA". @businessline.
- Mar 3, Ch Sushil Rao | TNN | Updated:; 2019; Ist, 10:46. "International award for Satheesh Reddy - Hyderabad News - Times of India". The Times of India.CS1 maint: extra punctuation (link)
- "DRDO Chief Receives American Award For Missile Technology Development". NDTV.com.
- Desk, India com News (2 March 2019). "DRDO Chief Honoured With Missile Systems Award 2019- All You Need to Know About Him". India.com.
- "DRDO Chairman honoured with Missile Systems Award by US-based AIAA". The New Indian Express.