This article needs additional citations for verification. (February 2013) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Futian CBD as viewed from Lianhuashan
Location (highlighted in brown) within Shenzhen City
|Country||People's Republic of China|
|• Total||78.8 km2 (30.4 sq mi)|
|• Density||17,000/km2 (45,000/sq mi)|
|Time zone||UTC+8 (China Standard)|
|Hanyu Pinyin||Fútián Qū|
|Literal meaning||"Blessed fields"|
Futian District (Chinese: 福田区; pinyin: Fútián Qū; Jyutping: fuk1tin4 keoi1) is one of the nine districts comprising the city of Shenzhen, People's Republic of China. The district is home to the government and Municipal Committee of Shenzhen, as well as the central business district (CBD) of the city.
There are two theories concerning the origin of the district's name:
- From an inscription dating to the Song Dynasty (960–1297) which reads: "Lakes and mountains are blessed with fertile farmlands" (湖山拥福, 田地生辉; pinyin: Húshān yōng fú, tiándì shēng huī).
- Written records show that people from Shangsha Village built houses in Songziling in 1192, and farmlands were cultivated in lattice shapes, which in Chinese is a homophone for "Futian" meaning "blessed fields".
Luohu District was established in April 1979, one month after Shenzhen was promoted to city status. Futian, and another area called Fucheng (附城), became communes within the Luohu District.
Futian became part of the Shenzhen Special Economic Zone after it was designated in 1980. It then became a subdistrict under the district of Shangbu (上步).
Futian, along with Nanshan, was promoted to district status in October 1990. The Shangbu district, which had governed the Futian subdistrict the previous decade, became a part of the Futian district. The district government was established on Shennan Middle Road.
Rapid urbanization occurred in the late 20th century; the agricultural land which once made up a vast majority of Luohu had shrunk to an area of only 12.26 km2 (4.73 sq mi) by 2003.
The Central Business District (CBD) of Shenzhen is a planned development project that began in the early 1990s. Located within the Futian district, it comprises an area of 607 hectares. The four sides of the district are delineated by Binhe Dadao, Lianhua Road, Xinzhou Road and Caitian Road.
Many office high-rises and government buildings are located in the CBD, some of which are prominent buildings in Shenzhen, such as the Shenzhen City Hall (Civic Centre), Shenzhen Library and Concert Hall, Shenzhen Development Bank building and the Shenzhen Convention and Exhibition Center. Located directly north of the CBD is Lianhuashan Park.
There are numerous skyscrapers in the CBD, including the SEG Tower, China Merchants Bank Tower, the twin towers of East Pacific Center, and the 600 m (1969 ft) Ping An Finance Centre, which is the second tallest building in China and the fourth tallest in the world.
|Name||Chinese (S)||Hanyu Pinyin||Canton Romanization||Population (2010)||Area (km2)|
|Shatou Subdistrict||沙头街道||Shātóu Jiēdào||sa1 teo4 gai1 dou6||226,061||18.90|
|Nanyuan Subdistrict||南园街道||Nányuán Jiēdào||nam4 yun4 gai1 dou6||108,398||3.00|
|Yuanling Subdistrict||园岭街道||Yuánlǐng Jiēdào||yun4 léng5 gai1 dou6||88,261||3.67|
|Huafu Subdistrict||华富街道||Huáfù Jiēdào||wa4 fu3 gai1 dou6||70,834||5.75|
|Futian Subdistrict||福田街道||Fútián Jiēdào||fug1 tin4 gai1 dou6||234,861||12.25|
|Xiangmihu Subdistrict||香蜜湖街道||Xiāngmìhú Jiēdào||hêng1 med6 wu4 gai1 dou6||89,471||9.98|
|Lianhua Subdistrict||莲花街道||Liánhuā Jiēdào||lin4 fa1 gai1 dou6||168,392||9.60|
|Meilin Subdistrict||梅林街道||Méilín Jiēdào||mui4 lem4 gai1 dou6||168,506||34.30|
|Huaqiangbei Subdistrict||华强北街道||Huáqiángběi Jiēdào||wa4 kêng4 beg1 gai1 dou6||54,067||2.90|
|Fubao Subdistrict||福保街道||Fúbǎo Jiēdào||fug1 bou2 gai1 dou6||106,811||3.75|
Futian is currently served by seven metro lines operated by Shenzhen Metro. These lines and their stations and connections are:
- Line 1 – Science Museum, Huaqiang Road, Gangxia, Convention and Exhibition Center , Shopping Park , Xiangmihu, Chegongmiao , Zhuzilin, Qiaocheng East
- Line 2 – Shenkang, Antuo Hill , Qiaoxiang, Xiangmi, Xiangmei North, Jingtian , Lianhua West, Futian , Civic Center , Gangxia North, Huaqiang North , Yannan
- Line 3 – Yitian, Shixia , Shopping Park , Futian , Children's Palace , Lianhuacun, Huaxin , Tongxinling, Hongling
- Line 4 – Futian Checkpoint ( via Lok Ma Chau), Fumin , Convention and Exhibition Center , Civic Center , Children's Palace , Lianhua North, Shangmeilin
- Line 7 - Autuo Hill , Nonglin, Chegongmiao , Shangsha, Shawei, Shixia , Huanggangcun, Fumin , Huanggang Checkpoint, Chiwei, Huaqiang South, Huaqiang North , Huaxin , Huangmugang, Bagualing
- Line 9 - Xiasha, Chegongmiao , Xiangmei, Jingtian , Meijing, Xiameilin, Meicun, Shangmeilin , Maling, Yinhu, Nigang, Hongling North , Yuanling, Hongling
- Line 11 – Chegongmiao , Futian
Futian is currently served by the Futian Railway station, with the high speed rail from Guangzhou to Hong Kong.
Central Walk Shopping Mall (中心城)
The mall is located at the Convention and Exhibition Center metro station and features three levels of shopping, entertainment and dining.
Coco Park (购物公园)
Coco Park is an upscale retail complex in Futian Central Business District. Aside from a shopping mall, it also features a popular street bar, large open public spaces and restaurants.
Huaqiangbei is known for its electronics market, the largest of its kind in China. It also offers a variety of men's and women's fashions, shoes, bags and leather goods.
There are now[when?] 83 schools delivering primary and secondary education holding 111,982 students and 11,503 teaching staff. Futian is also home to 140 kindergartens.
- Shenzhen Senior High School
- Shenzhen Experimental Middle School
- Futian Middle School
- Shenzhen Foreign Languages School
- Hongling Middle School
- Xinsha Middle School
- Huangggang Middle School
Futian District is the location of the University of Hong Kong–Shenzhen Hospital, a municipally-funded public teaching hospital.
Immigration port of entry
One of the immigration control points that lies within Futian is known as the Futian Port. Its counterpart in Hong Kong is Lok Ma Chau Spur Line Control Point, connected through a pedestrian bridge. The port is served by Futian Checkpoint Station on the Shenzhen Metro, itself being located within the port building.
Another immigration checkpoint is located 150 m east of Futian Port. This is the only one of the six immigration checkpoints between Shenzhen and Hong Kong that is open 24 hours. The crossing is highway-only and used mostly by trucks and busses, with the mainland and Hong Kong crossings being on opposite sides of a bridge over the Shenzhen River. Its counterpart in Hong Kong is Lok Ma Chau Control Point. It also marks the terminus of the G4 Beijing–Hong Kong–Macau Expressway.
Skyline of Shenzhen (Futian section)
Futian section of Shennan Road
Futian Central Business District viewed from Binhe Boulevard
- 深国投广场; 深國投廣場; Shēnguótóu Guǎngchǎng; sam1 gwok3 tau4 gwong2 coeng4
- 东方新天地广场; 東方新天地廣場; Dōngfāng Xīntiāndì Guǎngchǎng; dung1 fong1 san1 tin1 dei6 gwong2 coeng4
- 绿景花园; 綠景花園; Lǜjǐng Huāyuán; luk6 ging2 faa1 jyun4*2
- Futian Government Online (in Chinese)
- "Wal-Mart China Home Office ." Wal-Mart China. Retrieved on September 30, 2016. "Address: 2-5/F, Tower 2 and 1-12/F, Tower 3, SZITIC Square, 69 Nonglin Road, Futian District, Shenzhen" - Chinese address: "地 址： 深圳市福田区农林路69号深国投广场二号楼2-5层及三号楼1-12层"
Postal address: F18, Block C, Tairan Building, Tairan 8th Road, Chegongmiao, Futian District, Shenzhen, China, Zip Code: 518040// Address in Chinese: "快递地址：中国深圳市福田区车公庙泰然八路泰然大厦C座18楼，邮编: 518040"
- "Contact Us". Everbright International. Retrieved 2019-03-04.
25/F., Block A, Oriental Xintiandi Plaza, No. 1003 Shennan Avenue, Futian, Shenzhen, China- Traditional Chinese address: " 深圳市福田區深南大道1003號東方新天地廣場A座25樓" - Simplified Chinese address: "深圳市福田区深南大道1003号东方新天地广场A座25楼"
- "联系方式." Vienna Hotels. Retrieved on October 24, 2012. "总 部 总部地址：深圳市福田区福强路绿景花园首层"
- shi, Guo wu yuan ren kou pu cha ban gong; council, Guo jia tong ji ju ren kou he jiu ye tong ji si bian = Tabulation on the 2010 population census of the People's Republic of China by township / compiled by Population census office under the state; population, Department of; statistics, employment statistics national bureau of (2012). Zhongguo 2010 nian ren kou pu cha fen xiang, zhen, jie dao zi liao (Di 1 ban. ed.). Beijing Shi: Zhongguo tong ji chu ban she. ISBN 978-7-5037-6660-2.
- "Shenzhen Home" (). Quality Schools International. August 2, 2009. Retrieved on May 15, 2016.
- "School Contact Info" (). QSI International School of Shenzhen. August 16, 2009. Retrieved on May 15, 2016. "8063 Hongli West Road Futian District, Shenzhen Guangdong, P.R. China"
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Futian District.|