|Local authority||London Borough of Richmond upon Thames|
|Managed by||South Western Railway|
|Number of platforms||2|
|National Rail annual entry and exit|
|1 November 1864||Opened|
|London transport portal|
Fulwell railway station on the Shepperton Branch Line serves Fulwell[n 1] in the London Borough of Richmond upon Thames. It is in Travelcard Zone 6. It is 12 miles 75 chains (20.8 km) down the line from London Waterloo.
The station and all trains serving it are operated by South Western Railway.
The Shepperton Branch or Thames Valley Line, opened on 1 November 1864, accessed from the Strawberry Hill direction only. The original scheme intended that it would extend to a terminus on the Middlesex bank of the River Thames just east of Chertsey Bridge but this plan was abandoned in 1862.
The curve from Fulwell to Teddington opened to freight on 1 July 1894 and first carried passengers on 1 June 1901. The branch line was electrified on 30 January 1916 (at the same time as the Kingston Loop). Since a change under British Rail the large majority of Shepperton branch services have been routed via Kingston upon Thames, retaining additional peak hour services via Twickenham.
The station is expected to be a calling point of Crossrail 2.
The typical weekday hourly service at the station is:
- 2 trains to London Waterloo via Kingston and Clapham Junction
- 2 trains from London Waterloo by that route.
The Saturday service is as on other weekdays without the extra services routed via Twickenham. On Sundays the service is hourly.
|Preceding station||National Rail||Following station|
|Teddington||South Western Railway
Shepperton Branch Line
|Strawberry Hill||South Western Railway
Shepperton Branch Line
|Preceding station||Crossrail||Following station|
London Buses routes 33, 267, 281, 481, 681, R70 and N22 all call close to the station.
Notes and references
- "Station usage estimates". Rail statistics. Office of Rail Regulation. Please note: Some methodology may vary year on year.
- London's Local Railways by Alan A. Jackson, Capital Transport (1999); ISBN 1-85414-209-7
- Table 152 National Rail timetable, May 2016
- Table 149 National Rail timetable, May 2016
- Mitchell, Vic; Smith, Keith (1990). London Suburban Railways: Kingston and Hounslow Loops. Middleton Press.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Fulwell railway station.|