|Founded||June 2007 (Fúzhōu)|
|Guido Krupinski (General Manager)|
|Products||Minivans, Multi Purpose Vehicles and Special Purpose Vehicles|
Number of employees
Fujian Motors Group
China Motor Corporation
Fujian Benz Automotive Co., Ltd., formerly Fujian Daimler Automotive Co., Ltd., is a light commercial vehicle manufacturing company based in Fúzhōu, and a joint venture between the German Daimler AG, the Chinese state-owned Fujian Motors Group and the Taiwanese China Motor Corporation.
The company was founded in June 2007 as Fujian Daimler Automotive Co. It began construction of an assembly plant in the Qingkou Investment Zone, Fúzhōu in October 2007. For establishing of the joint venture and building the plant facilities, Fujian Motor Industry Group Company and the Hong Kong Daimler Vans Limited total invested €434,600,000.
Series production of Fujian Daimler's first product range, the Viano transporter, began in April 2010.
In November, 2011, Sprinter was launched.
Fujian Daimler officially changed its name to Fujian Benz in March 2012.
In Mar. 2016, Fujian Benz launched three V-Class models, including V260, V260 Exclusive and V260L Exclusive.
Fujian Benz covers 660,000 square meters, including 330,000 square meters for PhaseⅠand a construction area of 162,000 square meters. The company currently employs 1,600 workers.
The annual production capacity of PhaseⅠis 40,000 units.
At its production plant in Qinkou, Fujian Benz operates a product development center which covers approximately 11,000 square meters of built-up area, as well as a 53,000 square meter proving ground including a 1,400 meter circuit. In an industrial park adjacent to the Qinkou production plant, Fujian Benz operates an EMC lab, an exhaust gas test lab, and a chassis dynamometers facility, which cover a combined built-up area of around 8,000 square meters. The product development center, with a total investment of 500 million rmb, was put into operation in 2013.
Fujian Benz currently produces the following vehicles:
- "Daimler Starts Building $284 Million China Van Plant". Bloomberg. 23 October 2007. Retrieved 9 March 2013.
- "Fujian Daimler produces first Mercedes-Benz Viano". Gasgoo. 17 April 2010. Retrieved 9 March 2013.
- "Chinese JV Fujian Daimler to change name to Fujian Benz". Gasgoo. 28 February 2012. Retrieved 9 March 2013.
- "Daimler JV Opens Van Product Development Center in China". Fox Business. 28 March 2013. Retrieved 6 April 2013.
- "Daimler van joint venture Fujian Benz Automotive Corporation opens new product development center in China". Daimler. Retrieved 6 April 2013.
- "Fujianbenz official website". Retrieved 12 May 2016.
- "Foreign Brands". China Auto Web. Retrieved 10 March 2013.