|Traded as||Euronext: FUR|
|Industry||Oil and gas, Power, Building and Infrastructure, Mining|
|Mark Heine (Chairman of the Board of Management/CEO)|
Harrie L.J. Noy (Chairman of the supervisory board)
|Products||Marine site characterisation, Marine asset integrity, Land site characterisation and Land asset integrity services|
|Revenue||€1.65 billion (2018)|
Number of employees
Fugro is a Dutch multinational public company headquartered in Leidschendam, the Netherlands and is the world’s leading Geo-data specialist, collecting and analysing comprehensive information about the Earth and the structures built upon it. With expertise in site characterisation and asset integrity, clients are supported in the safe, sustainable and efficient design, construction and operation of their assets throughout the full lifecycle.
Employing approximately 10,000 people in 65 countries, Fugro serves clients around the globe, predominantly in the energy and infrastructure industries, both offshore and onshore.  In 2018, revenue amounted to €1.65 billion; The company is listed on Euronext Amsterdam, Mark Heine is CEO and Chairman of the Board of Management and Harrie L.J. Noy is Chairman of the Supervisory Board.
Kornelis "Kees" Joustra[a] founded Fugro on 2 May 1962 as Ingenieursbureau voor Funderingstechniek en Grondmechanica, Dutch for "Engineering Company for Foundation technology and Soil Mechanics". In the wake of the 1970s energy crisis the offshore business came to a standstill. This resulted in the acquisition of its main competitor, McClelland, into Fugro-McClelland in October 1987. Fugro has since vigorously pursued an active acquisition policy in order to obtain cutting-edge technology and increase its market share.
In April 1992, Fugro went public on the Amsterdam Stock Exchange. In 2003, Fugro bought Thales Geosolutions for €147.5 million, its largest acquisition to date. In September 2012, CGGVeritas acquired Fugro's Geoscience Division for €1.2 billion.
In June 2014 the Australian Transport Safety Bureau (ATSB) awarded Fugro the contract to conduct the search for Malaysia Airlines Flight 370, which disappeared on 8 March 2014. In August 2014 it awarded an additional contract for the deployment of two specialist vessels. The contract was worth AUD$39 million and lasted until August 2016. Fugro had around 200 employees and 3 search vessels dedicated to the search for MH370.
Fugro is divided across four integrated regions with the business line structure of marine site characterisation, marine asset integrity, land site characterisation and land asset integrity.
- Asia, Pacific and Australia
- Europe and Africa
- Middle East and India
Fugro has four business lines:
- Marine site characterisation
- Land site characterisation
- Marine asset integrity
- Land asset integrity
- Kees is a Dutch abbreviation of Kornelis
- "Fugro Annual Report 2018(interactive website)" (PDF). Fugro N.V.
- "Fugro at a glance".
- "Articles of Incorporation of Fugro U.S., Inc". US Securities and Exchange Commission. 29 September 1970. Retrieved 10 December 2016.
- "Our History and Timeline". Fugro. Retrieved 8 April 2015.
- Jan Daan Hillen, ed. (2012). Earth Unlimited : Fugro 50 Years - What's Next. Fugro N.V. ISBN 978-90-9026719-7.
- Fugro set to acquire Thales GeoSolutions?, Dredging News Online, 25 July 2003
- Transforming CGGVeritas into a Leading Integrated Geoscience Company, CGGVeritas.com, 24 September 2012
- Edward Johnson; Fred Pals (August 5, 2014). "Fugro Wins Order to Scour Ocean for Vanished Malaysia Jet". Bloomberg Business.
- Fickling, David (April 8, 2015). "Malaysian Air Team Hunts Missing Jet, Believing 'Today's the Day'". Bloomberg Business.
- Fickling, David (March 1, 2015). "MH370 Search Funds Debate Set for April as No Debris Seen". Bloomberg Business.
- "Fugro purchases ROAMES". Spatial Source. 7 April 2014. Retrieved 19 December 2015.
- "Tech shortlisted for award". Ergon Energy. 17 March 2015. Retrieved 19 December 2015.
- "Boskalis now owns 20% in Fugro", OffshoreEnergyToday.com, 12 January 2015
- "Fugro 2018 results" (PDF). Fugro.