|Duke of Saxe-Weisselfels-Dahme|
|Born||20 November 1673|
|Died||16 April 1715 (aged 41)|
|Spouse||Emilie Agnes Reuss of Schleiz|
|Father||Augustus, Duke of Saxe-Weissenfels|
|Mother||Johanna Walpurgis of Leiningen-Westerburg|
Because as one of the youngest children of his father he didn't inherited a share of the Duchy of Saxe-Weissenfels, Frederick became devoted to a military career and therefore since he was fourteen (1687) stayed on the Saxon court in Dresden, where he became lieutenant general.
After an agreement with his nephew Johann Georg, Duke of Saxe-Weissenfels, he received the district of Dahme as his appanage, although without full sovereignty, being dependent from the eldest ruling branch.
Frederick took residence in his land and commissioned the architects Johann Christoph Schütze and Elias Scholtz from 1711 the construction of the Dahme Castle (German: Schloss Dahme) on the remains of the old-fashioned medieval fortress, who could be finished after four years of construction. The garden was a summerhouse, sandstone sculptures and caves according with the Baroque style. However, Frederick never lived there because he died shortly before the completion of the building. Instead, his widow Emilie Agnes took the Castle as her Wittum, but she later lived mainly in the other dominions who received from her first marriage, Vetschau and Fürstlich Drehna, where she died in 1729. Later the last Duke of the Saxe-Weissenfels branch, Johann Adolf II continued the construction work from 1719 and made the Dahme Castle his temporary residence.
- Friedrich Erdmann Herzog v.Sachsen-Weissenfels in: Genealogy Database by Herbert Stoyan[permanent dead link] [retrieved 14 October 2014].
- Marek, Miroslav. "Genealogy of the House of Wettin". genealogy.euweb.cz. Retrieved 14 October 2014.[self-published source][better source needed]
- Friedrich von Sachsen-Weissenfels in: thePeerage.com [retrieved 14 October 2014].
- Saxe-Weissenfels line in: Royaltyguide.nl Archived 2014-10-08 at the Wayback Machine [retrieved 14 October 2014].
- Bibliography about Frederick of Saxe-Weissenfels-Dahme in: VD 17 [retrieved 14 October 2014].
Frederick, Duke of Saxe-Weissenfels-DahmeBorn: 20 November 1673 Died: 16 April 1715
| Duke of Saxe-Weissenfels-Dahme
Duchy reincorporated to Saxe-Weissenfels