|Birth name||Francis Patrick Hoy|
|Born||19 October 1934|
Enniskillen, County Fermanagh, Northern Ireland
|Died||21 April 2005 (aged 70)|
|Professional wrestling career|
|Ring name(s)||Black Angus Campbell|
|Billed weight||280 lb (130 kg)|
Francis "Frank" Patrick Hoy (19 October 1934 – 21 April 2005) was an Irish born Scottish professional wrestler who wrestled variously as Wild Angus, Angus Campbell, Black Angus Campbell or Rasputin (whilst wearing a wrestling mask). Although he spent most of his life in Scotland, Hoy was born in Enniskillen in Northern Ireland.
Wearing a long black beard and a kilt, Hoy wrestled as a heel, mostly in Europe (where he featured regularly on World of Sport in the United Kingdom during the 1970s), and managed one of his greatest achievements in 1978 when he captured the European Union Heavyweight Championship.
Hoy also wrestled in North America, initially with Stampede Wrestling and later in Central States Wrestling, where from around 1970 to 1973 he was a regular performer under the management of Percival A. Friend. Here his most notable feuds were against Buck Robley and Ox Baker. He also wrestled in Japan, including a notable 45-minute draw in 1978 at the Hakodate City Gym, Hokkaidō featuring Billy Robinson and himself against Dory Funk, Jr. and Terry Funk.
In later life Hoy ended his involvement with wrestling and, according to Harley Race, worked as a park ranger in Scotland. He died in his home town of Stranraer in 2005. His son, Steve Casey, was also a professional wrestler.
Championships and accomplishments
- All Japan Pro Wrestling
- Central States Wrestling
- Joint Promotions/All Star Wrestling
- Pacific Northwest Wrestling
- Stampede Wrestling
- Horie, Masanori (25 October 1999). "View from the Rising Sun: The Funks 2000, Part 2". Rob Moore, Texas Wrestling Announcer. Archived from the original on 11 October 2001.
- Real World Tag League 1978 at purolove.com retrieved October 7, 2018
- Royal Duncan and Gary Will (2006). "(Kansas and Western Missouri) West Missouri: North American Tag Team Title". Wrestling Title Histories. Archeus Communications. p. 253. ISBN 0-9698161-5-4.
- "NWA North American Tag Team Title (Central States version)". wrestling-titles.com. Retrieved 24 March 2015.
- Profile at Online World of Wrestling
- The Way It Was: Angus-Littlebear at the Wayback Machine (archived 28 October 2009) by Percival A. Friend
- A pull-around with "Mad" Jock Cameron (long-time tag partner of Frank Hoy) by Brian Elliott