While still in his teens he painted frescoes (1715) in San Nicola alla Carità in Naples. He painted ten canvases of the Virtues and an Adoration of the Magi (1728) for the church of Santa Maria Donnaromita. His other works include frescoes of the Adoration of the Magi (1732) in the apsidal dome of the church of the Nunziatella. De Mura also painted portraits.
- Christ at the Column (1750–1760).
- St. John the Baptist (1760–1770).
- Assumption of the Virgin (drawing).
- Hobbes, James R. (1849). Picture collector's manual; Dictionary of Painters (Volume 1). T. & W. Boone, 29 Bond Street, London; Digitized by Googlebooks (2006) from Oxford library. p. 293.
- Grove Art Encyclopedia abstract.
- Short biography.
- Aurora and Tithonus, prince of Troy.
- Allegory of Malta.
- Media related to Francesco de Mura at Wikimedia Commons
|This article about an Italian painter born in the 17th century is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|