This article includes a list of general references, but it remains largely unverified because it lacks sufficient corresponding inline citations. (January 2013) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Born||25 March 1982|
Early education and career
Francesco Scianna began his acting career in theater, debuting in 1997 with the recital of poems by Salvatore Quasimodo, "CEI". Later he participated in many other works and graduated from the National Academy of Dramatic Art Silvio D'Amico.
He debuted in the movie Il più bel giorno della mia vita (2002), directed by Cristina Comencini, followed by L'odore del sangue, (2004), directed by Mario Martone. In 2007, he acted in the movie L'uomo di vetro.
His big break came in 2009 when he played the role of Peppino Torrenuova, the male protagonist in Baarìa , directed by Giuseppe Tornatore, next to newcomer Margareth Madè. The film succeeded at the box office and was nominated by Italy as its entry in the Oscars 2010 and also nominated for a Golden Globe.
In 2010 Scianna acted in the movie Vallanzasca - Gli angeli del male, playing the role of Francis Turatello, with Kim Rossi Stuart, directed by Michele Placido. Also that year, he acted in Le cose che restano and in 2011 in Ti amo troppo per dirtelo.
- Il più bel giorno della mia vita by Cristina Comencini (2002)
- L'odore del sangue by Mario Martone (2004)
- Il regista di matrimoni by Marco Bellocchio (2006)
- L'uomo di vetro by Stefano Incerti (2007)
- Baarìa - La porta del vento by Giuseppe Tornatore (2009)
- Vallanzasca - Gli angeli del male by Michele Placido (2010)
- Ti amo troppo per dirtelo by Marco Ponti (tv) (2011)
- Itaker - Vietato agli italiani by Toni Trupia (2012)
- L'industriale by Giuliano Montaldo (2012)
- Come il vento by Marco Simon Puccioni (2013)
- Fasten Your Seatbelts by Ferzan Ozpetek (2014)
- Another South by Gianluca Maria Tavarelli (2014)
- Milionari by Alessandro Piva (2014)
- Latin Lover by Cristina Comencini (2015)
- The Price of Desire by Mary McGuckian (2015)
- Florence Fight Club by Stefano Lorenzi (2015)
- Ben-Hur by Timur Bekmambetov (2016)
- Mary Magdalene by Garth Davis (2018)
- Beware the Gorilla by Luca Miniero (2019)
- La luna e il lago, (2006)
- Il Capo dei Capi, (2007)
- Le cose che restano, (2010)
- The Mafia Kills Only in Summer, (2016)
- The Trial (2019), shown in the USA on Netflix
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Francesco Scianna.|
|This article about an Italian actor is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|