This article may rely excessively on sources too closely associated with the subject, potentially preventing the article from being verifiable and neutral. (June 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Owned by||ESPN Inc. |
(The Walt Disney Company 80%, Hearst Communications 20%)
|Replaced||Setanta Sports |
Fox Sports Africa
|Sister channel(s)||Disney Channel, Disney XD, Fox, FX, Fox Crime, Fox Movies, National Geographic Channel, Nat Geo Wild, Nat Geo Gold, BabyTV|
ESPN Africa is an African pay television sports channel owned by ESPN Inc., a joint venture between The Walt Disney Company (which owns a controlling 80% stake) and the Hearst Communications (which owns the remaining 20%), that was re-branded in August 2014, replacing Setanta Sports and Setanta Action. The channel broadcasts across 30 nations in Sub-Saharan Africa in English and French. It was also previously available for a brief period in 2016 in Portuguese.
Its programming mainly features football from, Eredivisie, Belgian Pro League, English Football League Championship, Major League Soccer. The network was also a long-standing broadcaster of the South American competitions Copa Libertadores and Copa Sudamericana across Africa until the rights moved in 2017.
Also broadcast are the bi-annual African Men's Handball Championship and African Women's Handball Championship; Euroleague basketball, Formula E, DTM, British Superbike Championship, UFC, NHL, Major League Baseball, NRL rugby league and PDC darts.
- "Walt Disney Company Africa to rebranding FOX Sports channels in Africa". Alberton Record. 2019-08-13. Retrieved 2019-08-13.