|Fortaleza Brazil Temple|
Map of Temple Site
|Dedicated||2 June 2019 by |
|Floor area||36,000 sq ft (3,300 m2)|
|Preceded by||Kinshasa Democratic Republic of the Congo Temple|
|Official website• News & images|
Coordinates: The Fortaleza Brazil Temple is a temple of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (LDS Church) in Fortaleza, Brazil. The intent to construct the temple was announced by church president Thomas S. Monson on October 3, 2009, during the church's semi-annual general conference. The temple was announced concurrently with the Brigham City Utah, Concepción Chile, Fort Lauderdale Florida and Sapporo Japan temples. At the time, they brought the total number of temples worldwide to 151. At the time of its dedication, it was the church's 164th temple and the seventh in Brazil.
As of May 2014, government approval had been granted for the temple's redesigned plans, with permission to begin construction. A general contractor was being hired to commence with full-scale operations. Although a groundbreaking ceremony, presided over by David A. Bednar, was held in November 2011, the original double-tower design of the temple was denied due to nonconformance to the city plan, leading to the decision to redesign.
On January 10, 2019, the LDS Church announced that a public open house is scheduled to be held from April 27 through May 19, 2019, excluding Sundays. The temple was dedicated by Ulisses Soares on June 2, 2019.
- Comparison of temples of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
- List of temples of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
- List of temples of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints by geographic region
- Temple architecture (Latter-day Saints)
- The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in Brazil
- "Elder Ulisses Soares Dedicates Fortaleza Brazil Temple: Temple is the 7th in the country, 164th worldwide". Newsroom. LDS Church. 2 June 2019.
- "President Thomas S. Monson: 'Welcome to Conference'", Deseret News, October 3, 2009, retrieved 2012-11-06.
- Talor, Scott (October 4, 2009), "Brigham City among five new locales for LDS temples", Deseret News, retrieved 2012-11-06.
- "Ground Broken for Fortaleza Brazil Temple", Newsroom (News Release), LDS Church, November 15, 2011, retrieved 2012-11-06
- Garcia, Nei; Weaver, Sarah Jane (November 19, 2011), "Work begins in Fortaleza, Brazil", Church News, retrieved 2012-11-06
- "Fortaleza Brazil Temple". churchofjesuschristtemples.org. Retrieved 16 April 2019.
- "Brazil Temple Nearly Ready for Open House Visits: Fortaleza Brazil Temple", Newsroom, LDS Church, 2019-01-10
- Fortaleza Brazil Temple (official)
- Templo de Fortaleza Brasil at MormonTemples.org (Official in Portuguese)
- Fortaleza Brazil Temple at LDSChurchTemples.com
|This article about a church building or other Christian place of worship in Brazil is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|