|Parent company||China Foreign Languages Publication and Distribution Administration|
|Country of origin||China|
Based in Beijing, the organisation was founded in 1952. It currently forms part of the China Foreign Languages Publication and Distribution Administration, and is owned and controlled by the China International Publishing Group, which is itself controlled by the Communist Party of China.
The press publishes books on a wide range of topics in eighteen languages spoken primarily outside China. Much of its output is aimed at the international community - its 1960s editions of works by Marx and Lenin are still widely circulated - but it also publishes some material aimed at foreign language students within China.
As of 2008, the house had published over 30,000 titles in a total of 43 languages.
- Ancient Towns Around Shanghai
- China Handbook Series
- China Knowledge Series
- China Society for People's Friendship Studies
- China Sports Series
- China Travel Kit Series
- China's Nationalities Series
- Chinese Health Qigong Series
- Chinese Language Library
- Chinese Wushu Series
- The Culture & Civilization of China
- Echos from the Classics
- History of Modern China Series
- How To Series
- Library of Chinese Classics
- Light on China Series
- Modern Chinese Literature Library
- Monkey Series
- Panda Series
- Picture Story Series
- Studies on the Chinese Market Economy Series
- Ten Minutes Series
- Traditional Chinese Therapeutic Exercises and Techniques
- Foreign Languages Publishing House (Soviet Union) - similar publisher in Soviet Union
- Foreign Languages Publishing House – similar publisher in North Korea
- Light on China: Published in English, china.org.cn. Retrieved 22 July 2019.
- Light on China (Foreign Languages Press) - Book Series List, publishinghistory.com. Retrieved 22 July 2019.
- Official website
- Archival links of Foreign Languages Press at The Internet Archive in the US
- Foreign Languages Press Celebrates 50th Anniversary, at China Internet Information Center
- Foreign Languages Press, Embassy of the People's Republic of China in India