|New York City Subway station (rapid transit)|
|Address||Fordham Road & Jerome Avenue|
Bronx, NY 10468
|Locale||University Heights, Fordham|
|Line||IRT Jerome Avenue Line|
|Services||4 (all times)|
|Transit connections||NYCT Bus: Bx12, Bx12 SBS, Bx32|
|Platforms||2 side platforms|
|Tracks||3 (2 in regular service)|
|Opened||June 2, 1917|
|Passengers (2018)||3,321,215 9.2%|
|Rank||147 out of 424|
|Next north||Kingsbridge Road: 4|
|Next south||183rd Street: 4|
|Next north||none: 4|
|Next south||161st Street–Yankee Stadium: 4|
Fordham Road is a local station on the IRT Jerome Avenue Line of the New York City Subway. Located at the intersection of Fordham Road and Jerome Avenue in the Bronx, it is served by the 4 train at all times.
This station opened with the first part of the Jerome Avenue Line on June 2, 1917, which operated as a shuttle service between Kingsbridge Road and 149th Street. Only the southbound platform was in use at Kingsbridge Road. This was in advance of through service to the IRT Lexington Avenue Line, which began on July 17, 1918. This station was rehabilitated in 2004.
|Side platform, doors will open on the right|
|Northbound local||← toward Woodlawn (Kingsbridge Road)|
|Peak-direction express||No regular service|
|Southbound local||toward Crown Heights–Utica Avenue (New Lots Avenue late nights) (183rd Street) →|
|Side platform, doors will open on the right }|
|M||Mezzanine||Fare control, station agent, MetroCard machines|
Elevator at SE corner of Jerome Avenue and Fordham Road
The station has three tracks and two side platforms. The middle track is generally not used in revenue service. It has old style signs painted over and covered up with new style signs, and features new fare control railings as a crossunder.
The station has a wooden mezzanine under the tracks. Exit stairs go to all four corners of Jerome Avenue and Fordham Road. In addition, the station is ADA-accessible via an elevator at the southeast corner of the intersection.
- "Station Developers' Information". Metropolitan Transportation Authority. Retrieved June 13, 2017.
- "Facts and Figures: Annual Subway Ridership 2013–2018". Metropolitan Transportation Authority. July 18, 2019. Retrieved July 18, 2019.
- "www.nycsubway.org: Service Begun on the Jerome Avenue Line (1917)". www.nycsubway.org. 1917. Retrieved September 6, 2016.
- "Annual report. 1916-1917". HathiTrust. Interborough Rapid Transit Company. 1917. Retrieved September 5, 2016.
- Brooklyn Daily Eagle Almanac. Brooklyn Daily Eagle. 1922. p. 372.
- Dougherty, Peter (2018). Tracks of the New York City Subway 2018 (16th ed.). Dougherty. OCLC 1056711733.
- "Fordham Road Neighborhood Map" (PDF). new.mta.info. Metropolitan Transportation Authority. April 2018. Retrieved February 28, 2019.
- "NYC Official Accessibility Guide" (PDF). nyc.gov. City of New York. 2008. Archived from the original (PDF) on August 7, 2015. Retrieved September 20, 2015.
- Media related to Fordham Road (IRT Jerome Avenue Line) at Wikimedia Commons
- nycsubway.org – IRT Woodlawn Line: Fordham Road
- nycsubway.org — Patriasana, Wholesomeland Artwork by Moses Ros (2005)
- Station Reporter — 4 Train
- The Subway Nut — Fordham Road Pictures
- MTA's Arts For Transit — Fordham Road (IRT Jerome Avenue Line)
- Fordham Road entrance from Google Maps Street View
- Platforms from Google Maps Street View