|Secretary-General||Jorge Serrano Paradinas|
|Founded||8 January 2004|
|Headquarters||C/ Hermosilla, 20, esc. B, 6º,I, Madrid|
|European affiliation||European Spring|
For a Fairer World (M+J or PUM+J ) is a Spanish political party, created in 2004, whose main objectives are, according to its statutes, the eradication of poverty and the fight against inequality in the world. It promotes the fulfillment of the Sustainable Development Goals, an increase in the quantity and quality of Official Development Assistance (ODA), the closure of the Immigration Detention Centers (CIEs) and fair rules on fiscal and commercial matters. nationally and internationally. It is registered in the Registry of Political Parties of the Ministry of Interior of Spain since January 8, 2004.
The party was founded in 2004. Since then, For a Fairer World has participated in general, regional, communal and European elections.
In 2017, For a Fairer World started the campaign SickOfWaiting to expose the infringement of the commitments concerning the relocation of refugees by most of the European governments. The campaign was supported by almost 20.000 people from over a hundred countries.
Since 2019, the party uploads its accounting up-to-the-minute, including bills and supporting documents.
The main target of For a Fairer World is, according to the official media of the party, the first article of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights: "All human beings are born free and equal in dignity and rights. They are endowed with reason and conscience and should act towards one another in a spirit of brotherhood." The ideology of the party is based in three pillars: the eradication of extreme poverty and environmental degradation, the non-discrimination towards people from different nationalities and the pursuit of global agreements between the governments of foreign countries.
For a Fairer World has participated in four Spanish General Elections: 2008, 2011, 2015 and 2019. In the latter, the party's candidate to Prime Minister was the Andalusian with Senegalese origin Augustine Ndour, the first African person ever to be candidate to be Spanish Prime Minister. In this election, For a Fairer World obtained 21.711 votes.
For a Fairer World has also been present in several European, regional and communal elections.
- "Pasado, presente y futuro". Partido Por Un Mundo Más Justo (M+J) (in Spanish). Retrieved 2019-11-01.
- "El movimiento #SickOfWaiting denuncia que Europa solo ha acogido al 25% de los refugiados con los que se comprometió". La Vanguardia. 2017-06-20. Retrieved 2019-11-01.
- Projects, Netfactoris. "SickOfWaiting.org". www.sickofwaiting.org. Retrieved 2019-11-01.
- "Universal Declaration of Human Rights". www.un.org. 2015-10-06. Retrieved 2019-11-01.
- "Ideología". Partido Por Un Mundo Más Justo (M+J) (in Spanish). Retrieved 2019-11-01.
- "Por un Mundo Más Justo", Wikipedia, la enciclopedia libre (in Spanish), 2019-11-01, retrieved 2019-11-01
- PAÍS, Ediciones EL. "Resultados Electorales en Total España: Elecciones Generales 2019". EL PAÍS (in Spanish). Retrieved 2019-11-01.
- "PSOE, Por Un Mundo Más Justo, PACMA y VOX, únicos partidos que se presentan en solitario a las elecciones en toda España". Infoprovincia (in Spanish). 2019-10-10. Retrieved 2019-11-01.
- "MJGestión Realtime". www.porunmundomasjusto.es. Retrieved 2019-11-01.
|This article about a political party in Spain is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|